New to MFP, need some nice, supportive friends!

Options
Hello everybody, I am 24, and working on my bachelor's degree in English. I have a crazy story when it comes to weight. At sixteen I was anorexic and ever since my recovery, my body just doesn't work like everyone else's when it comes to losing and gaining weight. I fluctuate between a size 4 and a size 14, constantly. This yo-yoing has been exhausting and unhealthy and it's time for me to make a real lifetime commitment to taking care of my body while I'm still young.

I am looking to make friends with anyone who is nice and supportive. I feel like this journey is easier to bear when you don't have to do it alone. Also, my friends in "real life" must be getting so sick of me talking about weight/food issues!

Replies

• cheri868
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!! This site has been very helpful to me and everyone I have made friends with so far have been really nice. Feel free to add me if you wish and good luck!!!
  • Dancergrrl87
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 23, and I've had a similar bout of anorexia when I was a teen. I recovered when I was 17, but once I got out of high school and started working in an office setting, I gained 55 pounds! Now I'm working my butt off to join the Navy. Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey! :)
  • GetMySkiniBack
    Options
    Good luck! I usually fluctuate 5 lbs, up & down. I am also sick of trying to figure out what size I'll be fitting into day to day. I am also new, and have been using this site for about a week. Talk about and vent all you want about your weight, dieting and exercising. We wont' get sick of hearing that stuff here. :wink:

T
  • sjbenefield
    Options
    Miss Vzucco been there done that!! But you are gonna do great on your journey! MFP is a great source of support and motivation Check out the success stories :)
  • Dancergrrl87
    Options
    Good luck! I usually fluctuate 5 lbs, up & down. I am also sick of trying to figure out what size I'll be fitting into day to day. I am also new, and have been using this site for about a week. Talk about and vent all you want about your weight, dieting and exercising. We wont' get sick of hearing that stuff here. :wink:

T

That's totally correct!!
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to mfp! I will soon be needing supportive friends also. Feel free to add me.:wink:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! good luck on your journey.. feel free to add me
  • iwanttochangemylife
    Options
    Welcome and don't hesitate to add me. :)
  • omgzstef
    omgzstef Posts: 157
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Hopefully the support and organization of this site will help you stay at one size rather than yo-yoing! Good luck on your journey & feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • transylvaniaxx
    Options
    I totally get what you're saying when you say that your friends are sick of hearing about your weight issues. MFP/dieting has been such a big part of my life, I talk about it constantly. I love having a place that I can go to where there are people who are willing to talk about it with me. =] Good luck on your journey!
  • brownm71
    Options
    Welcome MFP. We are all here you support eachother. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Thank you! It feels great to be able to vent about all the hard work I'm doing. My friends are pretty much enablers, they're all overweight and aren't very serious about getting healthy. I've even brought my own healthy food to dinner parties and they think I'm being ridiculous. But that's what it takes! Serious commitment to making the right choice at every meal, even when other people don't understand.

And my husband loves me just the way I am, so it hurts him to hear that I'm unhappy with myself. But now I guess I found a community full of people who don't mind hearing this stuff!

Thanks for being so supportive everybody!
  • Jaq54
    Jaq54 Posts: 1
    Options
    Go Girl! Do it now and you'll be ever so thankful to yourself later! I have a similar story to yours, with a few added decades to consider. I was anorexic as a teen and I am now 56. A recent health problem put me on the road to fitness. I'm glad you're not waiting for that to happen! I am sure that anorexia has made your body more sensitive to changes - more difficult to regulate. Anorexia takes a huge amount of discipline and will power; both to become so thin, and to overcome it and gain weight again. You have something great to draw from now; an inner strength and knowing that few people your age have ever experienced. You can channel your will toward living each day in a healthy way.