Soup Recipes

Options
Does anyone have any good Broccoli and Cheese soup recipes,it's raining and cool here today and thought this would be a good soup day.Thanks:smile:

Replies

• Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    search this forum, someone posted the Weight Watchers Broccoli and Cheese soup recipe yesterday or you may could google it and find it faster
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I copied this one from the forum the other day, haven't tried it yet and do not have the original poster to credit:flowerforyou: . But it sure did sound good:smile:

This serves 4 and I calculate it at 219 calories.

Cheddar Cheese and Broccoli Soup

Ingredients

2 tsp olive oil
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
    2 cup fat-free chicken broth
    1 cup fat-free skim milk
    7 oz 75% fat free cheddar or colby cheese (I use Cabot's 75% fat free)
    1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
    1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
    3 cups frozen cut broccoli

Instructions

* Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add onion and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.

* Pour the chicken broth in a medium sized bowl, and add the flour. Whisk until the flour is dissolved.

* Add the chicken broth mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.

* Add the broccoli, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until soup thickens and broccoli is tender, about 6 - 8 minutes. Add milk and return to a boil, stirring constantly.

* Slice the cheese into small pieces and add to the soup mixture, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    BeLightYear, that is the one I saw yesterday looks good
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    There is a broccoli, cheese, potato soup recipe on skinnytaste.com that looks great! You could modify it to remove the potato.
  • Hoffy1
    Hoffy1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks,this looks good and I have all that I need to make this!