Food allergy HELP

Options
I am allergic to most fruits and nuts. I can't eat any sort of nuts besides peanuts, and I have to stay away from apples, pears, nectarines, peaches, plums...etc. Basically anything in that category. It's frustrating because all of the snack and diet tips say have an apple or pack walnuts, and I can never do that.

I need some ideas for snacks that are healthy and will fill me up, but are also easy to take on the go. Any suggestions?!

Replies

• star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    I am allergic to most fruits and nuts. I can't eat any sort of nuts besides peanuts, and I have to stay away from apples, pears, nectarines, peaches, plums...etc. Basically anything in that category. It's frustrating because all of the snack and diet tips say have an apple or pack walnuts, and I can never do that.

I need some ideas for snacks that are healthy and will fill me up, but are also easy to take on the go. Any suggestions?!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    can you have grapes and/or berries? they are great. how about melons? Peanuts are good for you too, so have some of those!
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    string cheese, yogurt, laughing cow, whole wheat crackers, carrots and hummus...
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Do you like cottage cheese? Most gorcery stores carry it in serving size containers now too which are very convenient. I usually mix in some fruit. I know you are limited in choices, but grapes are a great option.

Also, I have seen a lot of crackers and dip snakc containers at the stores too.
  • hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    what about a reduced sugar peanut butter on some celery sticks?