Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

low in calorie desserts? helpp.

can't find much..cant have chocolate or any type of caffeine since im becoming a mommy soon :] thank you so much guys!

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Fruit salad. Berries with sugar free whipped cream. sugar free pudding. nuts (blue diamond has a butter toffee flavored almond that's awesome!)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Berries with whipped cream
  • Saw this recipie on a Hungry Girl show (food network show with low cal recipies). Cinnamon rice cake, then put 1 tbsp of fat free cool whip, then sprinkle some cinnamon, then another rice cake, another tbsp of cool whip, then a little cinnamon on top. Then put it in the freezer for 10-ish minutes, then eat it. I use chocolate rice cakes, but they come in tons of flavors. All in 140 calories, and it's a frozen fat free ice cream sandwich type thing. Had one last night! :)
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I like popsicles. Edy's has some great fruit ones. I also like strawberries with greek yogurt.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Unless your Dr. says you can't have caffeine or chocolate there's nothing wrong with it in moderation when your pregnant. I had 2 cups of coffee daily up until the morning my water broke.

Frozen berries in cool whip or chipped cream, I love Fiber One Brownies, or even some warmed spiced apple cider or tea.
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    hartleys jellies in a pot - they are yum especially the passionfruit one
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    ThinspiredButterfly Posts: 176 Member
    thanks everyone. i did ask my doctor.no caffeine for me :[
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    I like to have a smear of peanut butter on graham crackers or granola bars for desert sometimes. The fruit and whipped cream is awesome too!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    hartleys jellies in a pot - they are yum especially the passionfruit one

I'm another fan of the Hartleys low fat jellies, and only 9 cals a pot :glasses:
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    I'm a fan of a little bit of strawberry preserves/jam (you can find lower calorie ones) or nutella on a toasted light english muffin. So sweet and really hits the spot.

definitely refer to http://www.hungry-girl.com/ for any kind of delicious swap you can think of
  • wendybird2
    wendybird2 Posts: 46 Member
    If you like cooking and want to try something creative, check out Chocolate Covered Katie' s "healthy dessert blog" here:

chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/

I've been meaning to try the "chocolate chip cookie dough dip" made with chickpeas--basically a dessert hummus!

Also, some of her oatmeal recipes are fantastic!
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    If you like cooking and want to try something creative, check out Chocolate Covered Katie' s "healthy dessert blog" here:

I've been meaning to try the "chocolate chip cookie dough dip" made with chickpeas--basically a dessert hummus!

Her blog is truly awesome, I have tried the cookie dough. It's really really good!
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Freeze a bunch of peeled (ripe) bananas then blend them in a high-powered blender. It tasted JUST like ice cream.

You can add some type of milk if you want a shake instead

You can also freeze the banana on a chopstick and coat in carob and chopped nuts. (I personally think carob sucks but some people like it instead of chocolate)

I'm also a fan of the popsicle idea.

Also:

This sounds grotesquely fantastic...
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    If you like cupcakes,

1 box sugar free yellow cake mix
    1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (including the juice)

Mix and bake according to time/temp on box.

68 cals a cupcake!!!!
  • wendybird2
    wendybird2 Posts: 46 Member
    Ok, here's the cookie dough dip recipe:

Cookie Dough Dip

1 1/2 cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
    1/8 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
    tiny bit over 1/8 tsp baking soda
    2 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1/4 cup nut butter (You can get away with using only 3 T)
    up to 1/4 cup milk (Start with 1 T, and add more as needed)
    Sweetener to taste (stevia, agave, or a dash of brown sugar)
    1/3 cup chocolate chips
    2 to 3 T oats (or flaxmeal) (You can omit, but also omit the milk if you do)

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then mix in the chocolate chips.
  • awaito
    awaito Posts: 18

Her blog is truly awesome, I have tried the cookie dough. It's really really good!

Do you guys know if this is in the food database??? I would love to try it but i need to stick to the plan or else it isn't worth my time because i won't follow it properly :)
  • myflagstix
    myflagstix Posts: 2 Member
    This is really a salad but I eat it when I need something sweet:

1 container fat free cottage cheese
    1 container fat free cool whip
    1 box sugar free jello ( my favorite is lime)

Mix all together and chill. Run the recipe to check your calories. Should be around 150 per serving.