I'm ready to do this

Options
I have been battling my weight all of my life. I had lap band surgery almost three years ago and have not lost as much weight as I would have liked...in fact, I have started gaining some of it back...grrrr. In any case, I was told about this site and it's been great so far. I was even so excited about it that when I told my son about it he decided to do this with me...WOOHOO! I would like to lose quite a bit of weight yet and I need to accept that it is going to take a while...that's the hard part...I always want immediate results and when I don't see them I just give up. This time I want it to be different so I'm trying to wrap my head around the long term life style changes that have to remain permanent. Hopefully, this is the time for me to do that!

Replies

• mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just remember, it's a lifestyle change, not a diet change. whatever changes you make need to be 'forever'... that is the key to success...
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    U can do this and this site is a great place not only to keep track but to also get and lend support! Yay im so excvited for you and you goals for health! lets do this!!
  • HarringtonS
    HarringtonS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,
    Welcome to my land. The land of “okay, I’m finally going to accept the fact that it’s not coming off over night” land. Al thought it does seem to have gotten there easily. Keep in mind too that it’s not coming off like it appears to on “The Biggest Loser” They do that over a period of as week and nothing else for a or during that week.
    Take it one day at a time. That’s what is great about this website. I have not done as well with the food as I would like too. My financial situation has limited me on purchasing the “better” choice foods. What it has helped with is the exercise. I love that I am able to create a log and log exercises that I am finding or have found in magazines and such and crated my own database. That I and completed whatever I’d like and then go in and click and it’s there documented. Keep on keeping on and keep reaching out.
    Best of luck,
    S;-)
  • kirakaydawn
    Options
    Best of luck!
  • racinjason75
    Options
    good luck.... i share your excitement!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Im with you! I have to constantly remind myself that I didnt get in this shape overnight and that it's a lifestyle change. Best of luck and you'll have lots of friends to support you. I love all of the pats of the back when ive done well that day, it keeps me going!