HRM Help Pls! :)

Options
Hi All,

I'm looking into purchasing a heart rate monitor. I'm hoping to find one (watch-style) that will also display distance/speed ran, as I am training for a 10k and half marathon. I've been doing research online, but I know MFP peeps have a wealth of knowledge!

I really appreciate feedback and suggestions. :)

Replies

• Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I just bought one from Walmart. I had posted a question on the calories burn. I was told it is not accurate and to get the watch with the rib/chest strap.
    Good luck.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Yea, if your looking for calories burned watch style only ones are not going to cut it.. you need the chest strap. Plus something like a foot-pod to track the distance.

Look at Garmin or Polar FT60.. I know the FT60 for sure has a GPS and tracks distance. Not sure which Garmin's have a GPS, but I'm sure someone else will chime in with that info.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Yea, if your looking for calories burned watch style only ones are not going to cut it.. you need the chest strap. Plus something like a foot-pod to track the distance.

Look at Garmin or Polar FT60.. I know the FT60 for sure has a GPS and tracks distance. Not sure which Garmin's have a GPS, but I'm sure someone else will chime in with that info.

This is pretty much the same thing I was going to say. Definitely need one with a chest strap to get an accurate heart rate reading and for distance/speed readings, you're going to need one with GPS. There are a few different models, how much you spend will depend on how technical you want it to be.
  • Beauty0619
    Beauty0619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    watch style with pedometer included is available at Modell's...it was $70.