Going over goal for fat.......Good fat

Options
Is this a problem?

I try to stay fairly low- carb but mostly watch for sugar and I noticed I go over my fat goal EVERYDAY! I do eat a lot of lean meat and cheeses, I cook with buitter, olive oil, or coconut oil.
I also eat a lot of nuts, avocado and healthy fats, Im wondering if I should cut back on anything, or if this is something I shouldnt be too worried about...................

Replies

• MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    You seem to aware of different kinds of fat and making choices about which ones to eat or not. If you're not going over your daily calorie goal, it's probably nothing to worry about.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I don't track my fats anymore (except I do avoid the trans fats). Just stay under your calorie goal. I do try to keep my sugar intake fairly low and work for more protein in my diet as well, but this is personal preference more than anything.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    If you stay under your calorie goal it won't negatively impact weight loss.
    If going over on fat and staying under your calorie goal causes you to neglect sufficient protein intake it will not effect your weight loss but it could negatively effect your body composition if you continue to do this.
  • SerenaP82
    SerenaP82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great! I feel better! Thanks for the responses.