Hello :) eating on the weekends help!

Options
Hello everyone,

Name is Candice :) I love myfitnesspal it's great and i have lost 7 pounds since starting this program 10/3/11. One question, how do you all deal with eating out on the weekend? That seems to be the hardest thing for me to fix. My boyfriend loves to eat and oy it is hard. Do you find one freebie day works or just counting everday is more effective?

Please feel free to add me :)

Best,
Candice

Replies

• pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I try to work out harder/longer on the weekends to make up for any "bad" I may do (drinking, eating...) I'll typically log all day then if I do go out, I let it slide, but everyone is different!!

Sending you a friend request =)
  • cheri868
    Options
    I usually allow myself to have a cheat day once a week, which usually ends up to be on a weekend. This method helps me to stay on course during the week knowing that I will be allowed to indulge a little on the weekend. Hope this helps
  • Candice2879
    Options
    When I started I went a week with no slipping, and goodness gracious once I did slide, I felt it. UGH, I will never do that again! lol. I guess it really depends on how your body takes it.

GOOD LUCK!
  • sky7285
    sky7285 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice pkiesch and cheri868 !! yay a friend request! :)
  • SmugCanucksGal
    SmugCanucksGal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I tend to work out MORE if I know I am going to be eating out/Drinking on the weekend.
    But you also need to live a little and not COUNT every second, But just make a better choice of what you order.
    Keep to water or diet soda. And order a salad or a sandwich, stay away from fried foods.
    The other thing is to Portion it. Know what too much is, and ask for a take away box at the beginning and scoop half your meal into it right away - that way you wont eat it because you wont see it!

I give myself one night a week - either Friday or Saturday for a dinner out and drinks.
  • sky7285
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughtful advice Candice :) Slipping is so hard! Also, it is awesome that we have the same name ;)
  • sky7285
    Options
    Love the idea of the takeout box SmugCanucksGal I have never thought of that!
    Thank you!!
  • whit1108
    Options
    I am in the same boat about the weekends. the weekends i have the hardest time with staying under my calorie goal and taking the time to workout. I always tell myself that this is going to be the weekend i stay with it and then something always comes up either a family gathering or out of town doing something and then its eating out and all those bad foods. I do so good during the week and then the weekend hits and its so hard. Idk why that is cause it should not be any different than a week day but for some reason it is.. I get fusterated with myself on weekends. But i also think you need to live life also and not always be so concern about what u are eating and stuff. Enjoy life. So one day isnt all that bad to eat some bad things.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Candice,

Yes, I have a husband much the same as your boyfried. He would eat out for EVERY meal if he could. I give myself a LITTLE slack on the weekends, but not to the point of eating a full mexican serving platter meal. My husband and I have an agreement. We will eat out, but I choose the restaurant. I enjoy my meal very slowly and ask for the doggie bag right as I order, split it immediately. I will still record everything, to the best of my ability, with MFP. I know me well enough. If I don't log every bite, then I can hide so much to the point that "it didn't happen" and when the gain or no loss comes, there's no excuse.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you find a balance between your dietary habits and your social life.
    EDIT: That sounded ****-ish of me, I didn't mean it in that manner, just FYI.

One thing that helped me was to (when possible) look up the restaurants nutritional info before going there, or at least view the menu, so that I could make some effort to choose something that was easy to fit into my macros.

Even if you don't have nutritional data, you can make educated decisions on your food choices and still allow yourself to have a social life.
  • sky7285
    Options
    Good avice whit1108 I can't get obessed, thanks for the advice ! don't worry though I know you and me can do this together :D woo lifestyle changes for the better
  • sky7285
    Options
    Leslye125 haha yes you hit the nail on the head :) he would eat out every meal if he could :) OY! the agreement on choice sounds like a grand idea. I have one thing going for me in New York City all calories have to be recorded on menus it's like a city law (not that every place listens ;) )
  • sky7285
    Options
    Sidesteal no worries, I see what your trying to say I just need to be aware of my intake and what i choose to eat, maybe not a beer but a light beer and maybe not that burger but a salad. Thanks for the awesome advice :)
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Wow, Really? That is too cool! I wish they would do that nation wide! Having the calories, etc., would help everyone pay more attention to what they are putting in their mouth!
  • sky7285
    Options
    I couldn't agree more :D
  • Dapete
    Dapete Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The weekends are really hard for me but, I do better if I just struggle through them instead of taking a day off my calorie counting. I do try to workout more becuase I know I will splurge a bit.

9424723.png
    For Foods