Netflix streaming workouts - Rant!

Options
TeaBea
TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
Netflix has removed several instant streaming workouts! What did they replace them with? - nothing! The streaming selection was TINY to begin with - now it's even worse. Just had to get that out (grrrrrrr).

Replies

• angijunbug
    Options
    oh, I'll have to check my queue because I had a lot of those workouts in there like the pilates & dance.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I could never find any streaming workouts to begin with lol
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Really!!! I just got rid of the CD part of it. I was afraid this was going to be the case! I'm with you......Grrrr. :explode:
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Makes sense, raise the rates and then take away the product...
  • 2012anewme
    Options
    i canceled them when they announced the price change, the streaming was not that hot to start out with, then the price change, now they are removing stuff from the streaming? They best be careful, they lost a lot of customers already
  • loves03
    loves03 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Are there any good ones left? I have netflix I just never thought to see if they had work out videos.
  • masterfitness4u
    Options
    Most of them are yoga, and 10,15 min workouts and one with the Situation, which has to be the most awful workout tape I have ever seen. Makes me want to do one, because if someone thinks he is qualifed, huh! I must be over-qualifed then.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    this is because they also lost their contracts with several dvd companies, including sony, and starz
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Most of them are yoga, and 10,15 min workouts and one with the Situation, which has to be the most awful workout tape I have ever seen. Makes me want to do one, because if someone thinks he is qualifed, huh! I must be over-qualifed then.

The Situation has workout videos????!??!!!!!?? *runs away to check*
  • ttrotter1960
    Options
    I'm more surprised that you haven't dumped Netflix than I am that they removed something useful and worth watching from their list.

I dumped them when they changed their rates and I'm NEVER going back.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    this is because they also lost their contracts with several dvd companies, including sony, and starz

I don't know that it's a "loss" so much as "did not renegotiate." and they also picked up other companies in the meantime, so things tend to even out a bit.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

That must have been hilarious! Pretty sure The Situation is only qualified to be a douche.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

That's weird, I just received a letter from them stating that they are not doing Quikster anymore, they are going to keep both products on the same site, DVD and Streaming so it will not be difficult for their customers by having 2 accounts, and that they just brought in a BUNCH of new movies from Sony and Starz and a SLEW of other companies. I think they may be on the rise again.

Netflix in and of itself is not bad, they just made a couple bad decisions. I would hope that people would be a little more forgiving if the company tries to fix things, than to just throw a tantrum and not forgive and give another chance. I can't afford to drive to red box for each and every freaking movie I want to see, and THEY don't have a big selection at ALL. AND they charge fees for the movie each day it's late. Netflix doesn't. They do have some really good qualities.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they had those.
    It might have been the people selling the workout DVDs that stopped them. They probably make less money per view thatn if you bought the DVD.
    Not sure, just a guess.
  • slimmerme2012
    Options
    I like a couple of the 10 minute solution ones....I have the pilates and kickboxing one in my instant que.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Netflix is just going more and more down his every week. They "won" the battle against Blockbuster, but then let up and now Blockbuster is pushing again.
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    It might have been the people selling the workout DVDs that stopped them. They probably make less money per view thatn if you bought the DVD.
    Not sure, just a guess.

That may very well be the case!!
  • RyonsLions2
    Options
    Netflix is just going more and more down his every week. They "won" the battle against Blockbuster, but then let up and now Blockbuster is pushing again.

I still don't want to have late fees and have to drive for movies. I think they have great qualities still. They just made a couple mistakes, and are trying to fix them. They already decided against Quikster. There will not be a Quikster now. They are keeping DVD and Streaming together on the Netflix site.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Not sure, just a guess.

First off I LOVE Netflix and will not quit my service anytime soon. Their workout section has never been great but, I believe it to be what you said. Case in point, Dexter, so many people complain Dexter isn't streaming. Well it was and it was for a long time! It is Showtime that pulls the plug and says how long Netflix can stream their content. Showtime realized how much they are losing in profits due to people paying Netflix to watch their show as much as they want and not buying the DVD. Therefore that is why Showtime will be or has done their own spinoff version of streaming so YOU pay them to watch the shows and they get the money not Netflix.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    That's why I dumped them. Several movies disappeared from my queue and became listed as unavailable.