Running gear???

Options
I barely have any clothes to work out in. I need some comfortable, CHEAP clothes mainly for running. Where do you guys find CHEAP workout/running gear???

Replies

• Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Walmart. They have tons of stuff and it's actually cute :)
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Walmart is the best! You can get tops and bottoms for $5 if you aren't a gym fashionista. I do however splurge on Target's $20 yoga pants because they come in long lengths (I have a 36" inseam... kinda ridiculous). You can also hit up old navy's sale section and get some cheapo things to work out in.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Target clearance rack.

Also thrift stores.

Walmart is okay, too, pricewise, but I have had a hard time finding things that are not cotton, and cotton gets soooo soggy when I run.
  • darsh11
    darsh11 Posts: 98
    Options
    I get a lot of stuff at Target, Ross, Marshalls, amd Kohls
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I do walmart... I make sure the clothes I buy are WICKING... so that way they don't get soggy :wink:
  • yevasdottir
    yevasdottir Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you wear EXCEPT you can't get away with a CHEAP sports-bra or CHEAP footwear. Invest in both and then wear anything else you like!
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    Kohls! I like the Tek brand there, and can pick up tops for about $6. Pants and sports bras, I like the Champion brand, and get those at Sports Authority. I have found UnderArmour on the clearance racks there for a couple of bucks! Watch for the sales!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Are you going to run inside or outside? That can make a huge difference in what you should wear. Overall you should avoid wearing cotton shirts because once they get wet, they get heavy and are horrible feeling. As someone else said, find clothing that will wick away the sweat. it dries faster and won't weigh you down.
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I will be running outside. All of my workout clothes fit a fifteen pounds lighter pre pregnancy me!! I'll keep my eyes open for sales and look around more :)