Help with hunger... Please!!

Options
2»

Replies

• pearlsgonewild
    pearlsgonewild Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Read your food labels and try to avoid foods with high fructose corn syrup as much as possible. After reading about how the body processes it, I started cutting it out as much as possible. (That was in July.) I have been a lot less hungry since then, which leads to less snacking between meals, and I have lost 14 pounds just since making that one adjustment to what I was already doing.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Make sure most of your choices are lower in calories. And space them out throughout the day. For instance, I often want more food when I finish my lunch. But I know I'll still be even more hungry later in the afternoon. So I hold off on a dessert or snack at lunch, and have that same snack at about 3 or 4.

Also, decaff coffe or hot tea really makes me feel fuller. Or diet soda if it is hot.

If I really have to eat, and need a low cal alternative, then carrots, grape tomatoes, and popcorn work wonders.

I know that we eat dinner late, and I like a larger dinner, so I compensate by having smaller breakfast an lunch, too.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    sometimes i feel like a ravenous lion presented with a injured baby gazelle. my "secret" was just buying a regular chocolate protein powder (not one of those crazy ones for working out or anything, just a basic protein powder) and putting a table spoon on my coffee. it worked WONDERS for my crazy hunger attacks. i used to use it twice every day, but now i'm down to once a day.

hopefully you'll find what works for you! GOOD LUCK!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    To deal with cravings try guzzling 20 oz of water or soda. That will fill you up.
    If you are hungry for nutrients(not emotional eating) then fit in more exercise.
  • zcoop
    zcoop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    lots of water, lots of protien, and high fiber carbs. i eat every 2 hours and that helps!
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What keeps my hunger in control I eat something every 2 to 3 hours healthy snacks I have noticed if I wait for long periods I am extremely hungry and start to graze over everything.
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat multiple small meals throughout the day and drink plenty of water. If I miss a meal, my body can tell. At first the body has to adjust but it gets better with time.