83 lbs down and in ONEderland!!

Options
craft338
craft338 Posts: 870 Member
so i started MFP on Jan 24th 2011 at 282 lbs, and today i weighed in at 199 lbs!!!! :drinker:

i also quit smoking on May 3rd 2011 and have lost 38 lbs since then :bigsmile:

it really is what everybody says it is: a lifestyle change. i've been eating really healthy, at least 6 small meals a day. i try not to eat red meat if i can help it, and i really limit processed foods. i always set my calories to a MINIMUM of 1500 a day, which seems to work best for me. i have a very active job working with kids, and i try to walk or use the elliptical for 2 miles at least 5 times a week. i don't go to the gym or do any crazy workouts on a regular basis, but i try to stay moving and active in general. whenever i feel like i'm starting to eat badly, i watch one of those documentaries that "scare" me into eating healthy again like Food Inc or Super Size Me. i'm really enjoying this new lifestyle, and i know i'll never go back :smile:

i'm so happy I found MFP, anf i'm really excited to get the next 40-ish lbs off!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're looking great. Congrats on Onederland (Oncerland for me). I'm so jealous, but hope to join you there someday. Keep up the good work--you INSPIRE me!
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yay, your looking GREAT!! Congrats on the loss and stopping smoking.
  • sandrasturz
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wowza! You've done amazing!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look beautiful, and will be at your goal weight and sky diving before you know it!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Excellent you look amazing!! Good job!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    way to go!!
  • nata84
    nata84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Amaazing! You look great and seem to have a wonderful outlook on life. Keep up the healthy lifestyle :)
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    You are so beautiful and should be extatic at your progress. WTG and I cannot wait to meet you in ONEderland. I hear the weather there is wonderful.

You are such an inspiration!!
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are!!! Keep up the dedication and good work, and thanks for sharing your success with everyone!
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work.
  • ElleC
    ElleC Posts: 37
    Options
    Congratulations! I have not been able to give up smoking yet. That's next on the list....so you have my admiration!
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! YOU LOOK GREAT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :happy:
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Welcome to

♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ ♪♪♪ ø¤º°`°º¤ø ONEDERLAND! `°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°` ♪♪♪ ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥

...where birds are singing and bees are buzzing and rainbows streak the sky....
    ...where (sugar-free) lollipops and lemon drops dot the trees....
    ...where parades of people pass waving streamers shouting "You're the best!"...
    ...where magic mirrors reflect beautiful smiling images of yourself...
    ...where it's truly hard to convey to those who don't understand
    the glorious impossible once-unimaginable expansively grand
    feeling of dancing leaping trumpeting and doing a hand-stand
    because you finally at long last with hard work long-planned
    have entered the gold and diamond-sparkled gates of ONEDERLAND!

Congratulations! May you live in ONEderland forever!
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    WOW...You look fantastic! :happy:
  • basscyn
    Options
    Dang!
    83 lbs in under 9 months is awesome!
    Congrats!

You DO look fantastic!
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    What an accomplishment, and so fast, great job!!! It shows tremendously in your picture, very beautiful :flowerforyou:
  • redheaded_dem
    redheaded_dem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!! Congrats on the loss and the quitting smoking which is SO SO hard!
  • Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Total inspiration! Congrats on your success :) You look incredible.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You are fantastic! Great job improving your health so drastically...and you look amazing to boot :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!