Weekend weakness

I have the worst time with staying on track on the weekends. It's like when Friday at lunch comes I dont seems to make good food choices and it continues on til Sunday, Then I get right back into the healthy lifestyle on Monday,, Gotta find a better balance

Replies

• This is a big challenge for me as well. Give yourself the "cheat" day on Sunday.....or Friday & get back on track Saturday? Make sure you get a light workout on Saturday (a walk or something). It keeps my mind set on healthy, and I seem to make better choices over the weekend if I get that walk in. Don't forget to track nutrition here to stay accountable. You can do it!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    Weekends are the hardest for most!! You have to create great ideas for eating that fun and good at the same time!! I have a new joy for cooking things I like but adding a twist to it! Helps me stay on track...You will soon find the balance...don't give up...take it one weekend at a time!
  • mollb
    mollb Posts: 37 Member
    I allow myself more food/drink indulgences on the weekend, but I balance it out by also fitting in longer workouts. Are you exercising on the weekend?
  • StressedChaos
    StressedChaos Posts: 86 Member
    I give myself cheat days. For instance I don't get to go out very often, so when I do I eat and drink what I want. I couldn't imagine not being able to take a day or night off from eating extra healthy. I also try to plan ahead so that if I want fried chicken I work all of my food for that day around allowing for a little fried chicken. It also helps to keep your body working because it will have to work harder for that food that it's not used to anymore.
  • jenniferpayne5
    jenniferpayne5 Posts: 27 Member
    Do you log your food on the weekends? I had a really hard time sticking with my diet until I started to log every day, good bad or indifferent. Sometimes I have to write it down manually so it is stuck in my head. A trick that has been working to help me make positive changes is to actually imagine the specific change I need to make before hand to give myself the mental practice. Research suggests that people who visualize their plan of action before are 50% more likely to succeed at making a change. So imagine your healthy weekend start to finish; what you'll make for dinner, breakfast etc. Also imagine yourself forgoing the bad food choices you are presented with. This will set you up for success.