HOLY CRAP. Near death experience.

Options
auntdeedee87
auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
For my foot anyway!
I was just slicing my niece's pizza with the only knife I could find-- a large Rada knife (the one on far right: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=rada+knives&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=600&tbm=isch&tbnid=Zlwz7UbH6QH7dM:&imgrefurl=http://lalitaelelo.livejournal.com/2712.html&docid=NVaB8FQWpY1EPM&imgurl=http://images.ola.com/auctions/26507/vchq-501994-1.jpg&w=500&h=494&ei=wy2XTur1FdSbtwe8muHwAw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=374&sig=114905354495904752475&page=1&tbnh=128&tbnw=125&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0&tx=82&ty=75) and the knife slid when I laid it down.
And fell.
Blade-first.
And proceeded to land two inches from my foot, standing up with the blade sticking in the floor.

Currently trying to slow my insane heart beat a bit.

Anyone else have a near-death or in this case, near holy-crap-this-is-gonna-HURT, experience?

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    LOL I've done that with an exacto-knife before. Time slows down but you can't move. It's like you're watching the imminent demise of your poor foot in slow-motion and powerless to react. haha

Cheers for good luck!
  • MDfour
    MDfour Posts: 20
    Options
    Not personally, but last night three guys I go to school with were walking back to their house from campus - a total of two block, and they were shot at. Multiple times. They heard the bullets whizzing past them, closely. This makes me not want to get back on campus! The next morning a 17-year-old was shot while riding the MTA bus to school. That's right. Someone shot at a bus they could not even see inside, and put a senior in highschool into critical condition (he is going to be fine, thank goodness...)

Really makes me want to cherish life.
  • Mommyheckel
    Options
    Same thing happened to me the other day with the new set of Pampered Chef knives that I bought. I was cutting a spaghetti squash with the large chef's knife and set it on the counter and it slid off and stuck in the floor. The knife unfourtunately won the next battle when I was washing it. It slipped out of my hand and cut between my thumb and pointer finger...BAD! It took a while to heal from that one...
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    LOL I've done that with an exacto-knife before. Time slows down but you can't move. It's like you're watching the imminent demise of your poor foot in slow-motion and powerless to react. haha

Cheers for good luck!

Haha! I sliced into my finger with an exacto knife while trying to finish trimming a project and rush off to class in college. It started gushing really quickly, but my only thought was GET IT AWAY FROM THE PROJECT! I wrapped it in paper towel because we were out of bandaids, and finished trimming the project by supporting the paper with my elbow. Then I ran to catch the bus after grabbing some masking tape off my desk to secure the paper towel.

It still makes me laugh when I think about it.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Once I was driving and when I got close to the intersection I stopped. The light was green... Why did I stop? I had no idea and as I was starting to roll again this car came crusing and I mean FLYING through the interzection. If I would have went, id be dead! I felt weird for hours after the fact!