16 weeks pregnant

Options
I joined myfitnesspal back in January in an attempt to lose my excess baby weight from my son (now turning 2), only to lose 15 lbs and then get pregnant again before the last 15 were gone. I had a hard time accepting the rising numbers, so I took a break and walked away from the plan for awhile. This was exactly what I needed, because now I am ready to get back to eating healthy and exercising again. I have managed to only gain 3 lbs so far (proud of myself for that!), and am now just looking for others who are sticking to a plan while pregnant, or simply some supportive friends. :) Any advice is also welcome!

Staci

Replies

• hkrosez
    hkrosez Posts: 53
    Options
    Just make sure to NOT lose weight while you are pregnant. This could be dangerous for you and the baby.
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 7 weeks pregnant and aiming for "maintenance" calories. I'm finding it a bit of a struggle as I am just not interested in food like I was. The smell of some foods makes me want to gag.

I haven't gained any weight *yet* but I know it's going to come soon. I try not to get on the scales as often as I did but it's nice not to see it rise at the moment.

You can add me if oyu like, having friends in the same boat is always nice :)
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There's a great pregnancy board on here that is extremely helpful! Just jump right in with the posting and introduce yourself.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357805-fit-fabulous-and-pregnant-october-2011
  • sara4cos
    Options
    Make sure you are getting at lest 70 grams of protein per day and eating lots of eggs....Congratulations
  • stacilynn_1215
    stacilynn_1215 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I have no intention to lose any weight during this pregnancy. I am eating enough calories to maintain my own weight, while still having enough for the baby. I just need to get back into eating healthier choices. lol and it's so nice to have people in the same boat :)
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started accepting members for our Fit pregnancy group on facebook! Let me know if you're interested!!