Pregnant and don't want to turn into a blimp!

Options
So I'm 11 weeks pregnant and I'm so worried about gaining too much weight. I've always had a medium frame and I'd like to keep it that way. Any ladies on here have any tips for me.

Replies

• PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi! I'm 12 weeks pregnant, and I recently lost 110 lbs. So far I've gained 7 lbs, but I feel like a blimp too! It's normal from what I have heard & read. I've noticed all of my extra weight has shifted to my stomach, and I feel like I'm wearing the Mrs. Doubtfire fat suit. How are you feeling? I was horribly nauseaus & tired, but I am finally starting to feel better. Now I am just tired & dizzy! If you'd like to friend me & we can compare notes, please feel free :)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Don't use pregnancy as an excuse to "eat for 2." You don't need twice the normal amount of calories. You only need about 300 extra calories per day (which could be compared to a large glass of milk or oj, or a pbj sandwich). I think most women who gain a ton of pregnancy weight think they can eat whatever they want because they are pregnant. You should expect a gain of 20-30 lbs.
  • dogcheck
    Options
    Hello Im 12 wks also just started to feel better I had terrible morning sickness. I love this site was wondering how you adjusted your goals for the pregnancy? I added the 300 extra calories. I gained too much weight with my first and never really lost much of it in the three years now that Im pregnant with my second I really want to focus on eating healthier and working out. Are you working out?
  • ecronick
    ecronick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant my doctor told me that as long as you were doing exercise before you got pregnant then it was ok to do it during.

I was working for an airline lifting bags and doing lots of other things. I went all the way up to 6 months lifting bags from 10-50lbs. Bags went up to 70lbs but the people at work refused to let me lift them and I was complaining. lol

I think as long as you were doing it before you should be ok.

I only gained 20lbs with my pregnancy.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i plan to have a 3rd and when i do i am going to set my calories to matinence and add 300 to that so i dont go insane like sometimes you want to when you dont feel well and just order out lol
  • dogcheck
    Options
    tha know that there is an option when adding food you can search eating for pregnancy and it automatically takes the 300 calories off
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started accepting members for our Fit pregnancy group on facebook! Let me know if you're interested!!