Bodypump..don't know how to log this?

Options
I do a Bodypump class after my cardio 2-3 times a week. I log all my cardio but i can't log bodypump. Any ideas on how to roughyly estimate cals burned?! I know this varies according to weight lifted and own body weight.

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    For me it came in at about 350 cals for the hour..
  • balconywriternb
    Options
    Circuit training?
  • ashleymashley02
    Options
    if you google les mills body pump they give you an average on their site I think its like 430 or something
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hmm...it's such a difficult one and i feel where i've been doing this and not really logging it i have been majorly under-eating and not shifting any weight!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I log BodyPump as 500 calories for myself for the class. My trainer says it actually burns more for someone of my weight, but I err on the side of caution. I'd go with somewhere between 300-400.
  • dryfli
    dryfli Posts: 39
    Options
    at the gym i go to it lists the cals burned on posters they have to advertise for the class. right now i am doing bodycombat and bodystep. the newest release is supposed to be 764 calories for bodycombat and in the 600's for bodystep. since the instructors always mix up the classes a bit and sometimes do old releases, i round down to 500 cals. (other releases are for 500-600ish)
    truly the only way to know for sure is to do the chest strap thing on yourself (i am having a brain fart right now and can't remember what that is called).
    i think for the body pump class you are safe at 500. i think the latest release i saw was for mid 500's.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    I'm lifting decent weight at the mo and often look around the class and think 'really' are you feeling that because i'm dying here!! The squat track and back track def gets my heart rate up. Not really that keen on the new release at the mo...spesh the squat track...the music isn't brill which i finds help massively. I'm going to track it as a couple of hundred cals and anything more is fab!
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    500 for body pump, seriously?? I log around 400 for combat, but when I do pump its only about 250.
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    I log my body pump class using the strength training option under cardio. I usually show about 250-300 calories that way.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Def depends on your current weight...less weight you are less cals burned. Better than nothing though..seems frustrating but i suppose it's all in relation to you as an individual.
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    Bodypump was about 500 cal for me but may be different for you denpending on your weight (I weigh 196). I got a Heart Rate Monitor which is really helpful for these types of workouts when you cant look them up. you can buy them at a sporting goods store like REI or Sports Authority. Kinda pricy so try Amazon. Hope this helps!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I am 200lbs and would burn about 450-550 calories per session, it will vary depending on how hard you work I think, how much weight you're lifting per set etc. It is a pretty good calorie burner because you are still keeping your heart rate up with lots of reps.

I would put say 400 if you want to be on the safe side, it's still a great workout though :)