What is the craziest diet story you have ever heard?

Options
We all understand that there aren't shortcuts but does anyone know of any crazy diet stories out there?

My best friend was desperate to lose weight, she was 193. Once I started dropping weight she wanted to also, but didn't like to run, loved breakfast tacos and tex mex food and loved to drink. She found a clinic where they put you on a 500 calorie diet and gave you a vitamin B shot for energy. She dropped 30 pounds in three weeks but got deathly sick and had to have her gallbladder removed from it being rotten. Her liver was also inflamed and infected.
-What has she learned? You can't Cheat on changing your life.

Sadly, she's now doing an all smoothie diet.

Replies

• maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Oh man! You'd think she would've learned the first time around!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    OH MY! Thats awful! :frown: Hope she will be ok! :frown:
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Gastric bypass surgery (or any clones) for anyone otherwise functionally healthy.
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    A woman I know has been on the Cambridge diet on and off for 3 years!! Umm that diet defo ain't working.She gets sick constantly and can barely eat food any more. She was on atkins recently and balked at how many carbs were in the crisps I was eating, then proceeded to eat 2 bags of pork scratchings as they are low in carbs. She showed me what she had eaten that week and it was literally eggs and bacon. Gross.
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people do the 500 Calorie diets, its so unhealthy! I have a friend who is doing that! Right now she is looking into doing the HCG diet which seems absolutely ridiculous to me. IDK if you guys have heard of it but you take the HCG hormone drops like 3 times a day (says its supposed to suppress appetite but no scientific proof it does anything) and only eat 500 calories. I think it lasts like 3 wks and you can lose up to 30 lbs! In my opinion it sounds like a death trap and like a quick fix from putting your body into starvation mode, I'm sure most people gain it all right back. Sad
  • raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    a girl at work who is about a size 10-12 has now decided its "easier" not to eat anything during the day when shes at work so she can lose weight. she'll eat at home with hubby and son, but nothing at all during 8am-5pm
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have several co-workers who are doing the HCG diet. They've all dropped a bunch of weight fast, but at only 500 calories a day, it can't be healthy & they're all cranky. I know as soon as they start eating nomally again, they'll gain it all back
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I once did a "diet" where I cooked half a cup of rice in the am and that was my only food for the day. Rice and water. I was in middle school though so... :laugh: Yea, I would never do that now! I think I only lasted a week or two.

A lady on a dieting forum I used to talk to brought up her brilliant idea of bringing fiber tablets to a party and eating those to help her avoid the food