Creating your own workouts?

Options
I'm thinking about it...for something different. Do any of you guys just randomly do something like interval/curcits?

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I was actually just thinking about this today! I really want to create a bootcamp style workout that I can do outside or something. I'm looking into it right now :)
  • catmomof3
    Options
    Yes - I made up my own workout by watching Leslie Sansone but I hated her music so I made a playlist with songs that are between 150-160 bpm and walk/run for anywhere between 30-45 minutes run every 2 or three songs for 2 minutes. I can do it on the treadmill or I can do it stationary with knee lifts, kicks, kick backs, jogging in place, fast lunges for high intervals for those 2 minutes. That way when I get bored of the music I can just switch out the songs... I've been working out this way for 3 months and not bored yet.
  • reidsurrett
    Options
    Here's what I started doing last week.

Walk 5 minutes
    Jog 1 minute
    Walk 1 minute
    Jog 1 minute
    Walk 1 minute
    Jog 1 Minute
    Walk 6 minutes

Then I head inside and do this immediately

20 Pushups
    100 Crunches
    30 Lat lifts (I just use a speaker I have)
    30 Chest press (with same speaker)

Then I repeat with smaller increments

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes - I made up my own workout by watching Leslie Sansone but I hated her music so I made a playlist with songs that are between 150-160 bpm and walk/run for anywhere between 30-45 minutes run every 2 or three songs for 2 minutes. I can do it on the treadmill or I can do it stationary with knee lifts, kicks, kick backs, jogging in place, fast lunges for high intervals for those 2 minutes. That way when I get bored of the music I can just switch out the songs... I've been working out this way for 3 months and not bored yet.

I use my own music all the time too - that's the beauty of "no choreography" workouts - just sub out something else whenever you feel like it. By the way - Leslie workouts are also excellent using an Urban Rebounder - really kicks up the intensity without the impact.