will this ruin my diet or does it make sense

Options
i wear a bodybugg but i do not plug it in until the end of the night to see how many calories i have burned for the day. since it differs everyday would it be ok to eat those calories the following day. for example yesterday i burnt about 2900 calories. so i want to lose 1/2lb a week so i would subtract 250 for that leaving me 2650. now i ate less than that yesterday because i didnt know how much i needed to eat. so should my goal today be to eat that 2650 and eat tomorrow what i burn today and so forth. will this work or will it hinder my loss because if i burn alot the day before and then eat all those calories the next day, but didnt burn as much will i gain?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you burn the same amount everyday then eat the extra calories the next day. :flowerforyou:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    OP: Should be fine to do it that way provided you trust the bodybugg data. I purchased one, friend picked it up for me (craigslist), will be trying it soon!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    it would all work out in the end if you ate today what you burned yesterday..the only thing is that maybe it won't align with your hunger and then you might wind up overeating on a more active day.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    The only accurate read of calorie burn is a HRM with a chest strap. The chest strap is key, and is only designed to be worn during workouts, not all day.

Any other device that does not use a chest strap is not accurate, it is just estimating. Don't use a device w/out a chest strap to report on calorie burn, you may be doing more harm than good if you're logging more than you are burning or less than you are burning during a particular workout.

I would also not look to device to be 100% accurate for your total calorie burn for the day. I used to work with Polar, so I learned the science behind the chest strap.
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't ever take in more than my calorie target per day. The only exception is the one day a week when I eat whatever I want; I mean WHATEVER I want. This shocks your metabolism so that your body doesn't think you're going into a "famine" phase. Plus, it's nice to have that break. Try to eat so much on that break day that you don't want any of that stuff the rest of the week.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i still think you should plug it in first thing in the morning after you take it off -- after sleep. then you have a record of what the previous day's burns are... then you can plan your day accordingly.
  • qtonduty30
    qtonduty30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this may be a stupid question but what is a bodybugg? I've seen someone else ask about one but never explained it....thanx :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Bodybugg is a device you wear that estimates your caloric output. It may do other things, like sing songs and beep and flash, but I'm not sure yet.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Can you look at your weekly average cal burn over a months time and see if you can come to an average of daily cals you "should" eat?