What is your NSV?

Options
reese1218
reese1218 Posts: 30 Member
At least once a week when I get into my closet to get dressed I have to get rid of an item of clothing. Not because it's too tight (which is what used to happen), but because it's too big and loose now! Obviously I'm very happy about this, but it's a little frustrating too because I'm going to run out of clothes lol ;)

What is everyone else's NSV?

Replies

• aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I teach ballet to preschoolers, yesterday I was doing the class in my workout gear and one of the girls looked at me and said "Why do you have muscles?" That felt pretty good!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Great feeling!!! Mine is besides that, I discovered a medium is a bit baggy? Since when I am not sure. I realized that when I have friends huffing and puffing on a walk, I am wondering what the problem is. I never used to be that way I used to huff and puff and my dad-a man with a heart condition-used to get on me about being in bad shape. Now I am a marathoner and triathlete :)
  • jlm962
    jlm962 Posts: 64
    Options
    That's great!!! My recent one is that my pre pregnancy jeans fit better than they did before I was pregnant. A weigh a little less than I did then too, and my baby just turned 8 months old! I am pretty excited since I gained so much during pregnancy!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My "goal skirt" is in my give-away pile because it's too big :-)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Fitting into all my old clothes...so many favorites...after reaching my goal. :)

Clothes were the biggest motivator I used to get back to my 2008 weight. They mocked me from the closet. And it worked!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I live in the country but have been in the city for work for a couple of days. Last night I realised I was window shopping in 'normal' clothes shops. I wasn't looking out for plus sized shops. I was actually thinking I'd like to try that dress on! Wish I wasn't in training all day while the shops are open.:laugh:
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Being asked "have you lost weight?" I was asked this today by someone who I haven't seen in a couple of months. Ok, so I've only lost 2 lbs and a couple of inches but this question was a real boost for me.
  • wackynunu
    wackynunu Posts: 103
    Options
    Showing my face to my husband's friends that I haven't seen in at least a year due to shame.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My NSV is also about frustration with clothes! I love that my clothes are fitting a lot looser but damn.... those were some cute clothes. My work pants and clothes (which happen to be pretty pricey) are looking way to baggy on me now. :( but when I put on clothes that do fit me I'm like damn who's that sexy girl in the mirror! :) it’s a love hate kind of thing right now. I'm asking Santa for some clothes that fit me for Christmas! :)
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    I recently had a patient that I had taken care of back in the spring as a patient again. He's a paraplegic so, from his perspective(lying flat) can't really see my whole body. He asked if I had lost "a lot of weight", "It looks like it in your face." My firt NSV in a while since I've hit a plateau. It inspired me to continue on.
  • reese1218
    reese1218 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    These are all great! It's so nice to hear such positive little things that help motivate all of us and inspire :)
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I went to get highlights tonight. I hadn't been in for 13 weeks. My hair lady was all "You've lost a boatload of weight!" It felt really good :)
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 recently!!! My Towel Now wraps around after a shower, and my hubby noticed my weight loss and the fact that my skin is now loose on my tummy and thought to complement me!!!
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    At a soccer game last Saturday night, I was on the bleachers and my son (on the field) needed a drink, I had a vitamin water with me so I ran it down to the side lines to him. The next day my daughter commented "Mom, I couldn't believe how fast you moved to get that drink to Logan, you would have never done that before you started losing weight." I can't even begin to tell you how good it felt, first to be able to move that much quicker and second that my 19 year old noticed and pointed it out :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!