Belly Fat Cure?

Options
Has anyone tried the Belly Fat Cure diet and if you did how did it work out for you? I grabbed a copy of this book at Costco and it's been collecting dust on top of my fridge (along with all the other diet cookbooks), The plan seems simple enough but as usual it's not simple enough for me. I started it today following his "no-excuses day" plan:

Breakfast: 3 eggs, 2 slices buttered toast
Snack: Handful of walnuts
Lunch: Tuna salad on one piece pita bread
Snack: 1 cup cottage cheese with honey
Dinner: Grilled chicken or steak, sautéed veggies and 1/2 cup brown rice

but with 1 less egg cause I really don't like eggs. However I quickly realized I need to hit the grocery store because I don't have most of this stuff.

So has anyone else tried this plan?

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    never heard of it but it sounds like some healthy foods :) i basically just count my calories and try to eat decent, don't follow a plan other than that! :)
    good luck!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it...but I don't believe there is a cure for specifically belly fat -- if there was, everyone would be on it.

If you're watching your sodium -- 1 cup of cottage cheese alone has 900mg of sodium which is over half my daily allotment -- I was shocked when I learned how much sodium was in cheese.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Truthfully the only way to do this is to eat healthy and exercise. There is no magic diet. The one thing I did like from that plan was the addition of items with "good fats" such as nuts, avacado, and olive oil.
    To live at a healthy weight you need to lose the word "diet". This is for life, not just a diet you do and then go back to normal, this is how the weight, plus a bit extra, will just pile back on.
    Find healthy foods you like, if you eat something that is not healthy have one bite or a very small portion.

Eat within your calories and move a bit more, don't waste your time sticking to a "diet", but find things you enjoy instead.
  • mdudra
    mdudra Posts: 17
    Options
    I bought the book and read through his compelling chapters and it really got me thinking about my sugar intake.. I am not following his meals, however, I pay attention to the amount of sugar in foods that I buy. I love Pepsi more then anything (45g of sugar a can i think it amounts to?!) and I haven't one since August!! I replaced it with Sprite Zero (no cal, no caffine, no sugar) for my bubbly fix. I adjusted my goals on MFP to be 15g a day and do my best to stick to it. I joined MFP on Aug 31st, tracked my food intake, ate no more then 15g of sugar each day (for the most part - def had some off days when i over did my chocolate intake), and started to exercise a few days a week: this resulted in me losing 10 lbs in Sept.

Good luck to you. Love your quote!
  • kristy76063
    Options
    If you're watching your sodium -- 1 cup of cottage cheese alone has 900mg of sodium which is over half my daily allotment -- I was shocked when I learned how much sodium was in cheese.

I don't like cottage cheese :sick: so Im not gonna eat that but your right that is a TON of sodium I could have a pickel instead if I wanted all the salt. His book basically talkes about watching out for hidden sugars and limiting your self to 15 grams per day.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    There is no "cure" as belly fat isn't a disease.

You CANNOT choose where to lose fat from, or "spot reduce". Anything that claims to do this is pure crap made up to get money from the desperate.

Just keep a calorie deficit, and eventually it will go down.