new member and excited :)

Options
Hi I'm Claire and I just joined MyFitnessPal and am very excited to get on the weight loss train! I would greatly appreciate tips on exercises you can do at home using your own body weight, especially for the upper body, and snacks that are good for you. Have a wonderful day!:smile:

Replies

• desiree111078
    Options
    hi and welcome how much are you wanting to loose?
  • shoediva870
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I think you'll love it here! :smile:
  • ttrinh05
    ttrinh05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Claire! Welcome!

Easy body weight exercises that have stood the test of time for the upper body: pushups and tricep dips. You can do both while watching TV during the commercials even! Depending on your starting point, you can begin with pushups on your knees then progress to the regular ones on your feet. Try the variation with your hands closer together (make a diamond in between your pointer fingers and thumbs) and you will work more of your triceps during the pushup. I read in Runner's World about an 80 year old marathoner who did 100 of each every night to keep her upper body in shape while running and it was very inspiring... I figure if someone that old can still keep at it, there is no reason others couldn't so the same.

Also, snacks that I love are baby carrots with hummus, or an apple with a handful of raw almonds. Both make quick and healthy pre-workout snacks that don't give you that "weighted-down" feeling while working out.

Good luck! Let me know if any other good ideas come your way!