Workouts

Options
I know theres no "quick" fix to weight loss, however im getting very fustrated...Ive tried so many workouts and i cant get the motivation that i had with the 1st workout JMs 30DS....Is there a at home workout that WILL give me the results (ofcourse with sticking to it) ??
I eat well, no junk, no soda, etc. TONS of water..ive tried to drink green tea but i currently feel like throwing my guts up,eww..and i workout 6 days a week for 25-30 min a day, i just need a workout that has worked with weightloss, ive attempted to do the 30DS over again, but i think my body is used to it.

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    If you have done 30DS already, then get Ripped in 30 (it is more intense). I have also done Turbojam by Chalene Johnson - it is an amazing working (kickboxing). Remember, anything takes time and it does get difficult at times. If you have stalled, then change things up. Your body is getting used to the same thing over and over again. Also, remember - the scale will lie sometimes, so make sure to take measurements.
  • Srbrosseau
    Srbrosseau Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    THE most important thing in finding a workout is finding something that you actually enjoy. No matter what that workout is, you will lose weight if you stick with it and eat right.

Just remember, that you will occasionally have to apply different stresses (different exercise) to your body to improve.
  • FAVORED1
    FAVORED1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Increase your workouts to 45minutes STRONG! Include some interval training on the treadmill if you can and watch those pounds disolveeeeee. Working out for 45minutes strong will give you great afterburn; depending on the intensity of your work out, after burn can last anywhere from a few minutes after your work out to days. You literally loose weight while sleeping. No joke! That reminds me to start intervals again too. Best!
  • rightridgeway
    Options
    I was doing 30-Day Shred, jogging and other things for a while too, but nothing did it for me. I got talked into a Zumba class just to break up the monotony and listen to great music and that seemed to have jumped started things again. Good luck, it's so tough to find something that works!
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30DS and have heard a lot about Ripped in 30. Also, I LOVE Zumba. There are a lot of classes you can try , which I did for awhile, but now I have the DVD set at home. I am now doing 30DS and then 20 minutes of Zumba.

Good luck!
  • LyonInLondon
    LyonInLondon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Remember that 70-80% of your weight is determined by what you eat. Recently, I haven't been exercising as much as I used to, but I'm losing more weight and body fat just by watching what I eat. I find that if I notice what I'm eating (i.e. concentrate on what I'm actually putting into my mouth), then I eat less quantity and yet more better-for-you food. One can eat 500 calories in a sitting, but that would take 50minutes to burn off with exercise!

I agree with FAVORED1 ... interval training will boost your metabolism in less time than anything else. I love doing a 20 minute interval workout on a cross trainer, followed by either lower or upper body weights (15-20 mins), followed by stretching (15mins), twice a week is great. Once a week I'll do 45-50mins of pure cardio at a good pace ... 15mins cross trainer, 10 mins rowing hard (I can do over a mile in this time now!), 10 mins stepper, 10 mins on the rower and 5mins cycling to cool down ... then followed by stretching for 20minutes.

It's tough, and it'll make you sweat - BUT you WILL see results! Good luck!
  • Linzmyers
    Linzmyers Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There is a workout dvd set called slim in six....promises great results!
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    I would try Turbo fire or zumba or even insanity they all have great at home results! I would do longer cardio 45-60 mins!
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Why are you posting this under success stories?
  • Melissag1984
    Melissag1984 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Very sorry, I just started using this, and I figured that people with 'Success Stories' would be the best people to ask this question to.
  • Melissag1984
    Melissag1984 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks Monanik, I'm going to start my Ripped in 30 today aswell as Zumba!

& Thank you all for your input, greatly appreciated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!