Can you save calories not eaten during the week for the week

Options
My fiance just joined and the amount that he exercises gives him more calories than he usually eats on the weekdays. If he ate 1000 calories less than he needed to Monday-Friday could he eat those calories on Saturday and Sunday without negatively affecting his weight loss? He's been dieting and exercising on his own for quite some time with no weight loss. Surprisingly though the amount of calories he is told to eat is higher than what he used to eat? I know they say starvation mode is a factor but isn't calorie deficit a greater determiner of weight loss? Any information on this topic would be very helpful.

thanks....

Replies

• jmetevia
    Options
    My fiance just joined and the amount that he exercises gives him more calories than he usually eats on the weekdays. If he ate 1000 calories less than he needed to Monday-Friday could he eat those calories on Saturday and Sunday without negatively affecting his weight loss? He's been dieting and exercising on his own for quite some time with no weight loss. Surprisingly though the amount of calories he is told to eat is higher than what he used to eat? I know they say starvation mode is a factor but isn't calorie deficit a greater determiner of weight loss? Any information on this topic would be very helpful.

thanks....
  • Catherinex
    Options
    check out vivikays' post "THE answers to THE questions" , that should cover it^^:happy:
  • rpowersrph
    Options
    I have used this stradgey when i was going to eat alot for a special occasion ex Thanksgiving. I would do it maybe 2 to 3 times a year but i usally eat between 2000 to 2500 cal per day with exercising around 600 to 1000 cal per day for between a -400 to -700 cal per day net I lose around 1 to 2 pounds every week