Before Pics and Still Working Pics

Options
72lori
72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
I just saw Banks' before and after pics, awesome. I have documented my weight loss journey with pictures, I take them every 6 weeks when I measure. I just did them this week and I was amazed at the difference I saw from when I started. I can't always see it when I look in the mirror and I sure haven't seen it on the scale for 2.5 months now. My tape measure is encouraging though, I'm glad I have been doing that from the start. (BTW- if all these pics show up and I do this right, I'll be doing good!)

It is a little horrifying to be posting my before pictures, they were hard to look at when I took them, (especially the one from the backside) but gotta face it! It also is a reminder of where I never want to go back to. By no means are they glamour shots either!

My before pictures, September 22nd, my 36 birthday, when I decided enough was enough! I was 200 pounds and a tight size 16.
IMG_2440.jpg?t=1238182381

IMG_2442.jpg?t=1238182471

IMG_2425-1.jpg?t=1238182545

Right now pictures, I've been sticking at 160 pounds for the past little while, and while I am a little impatient to get the scale moving, I do see changes. I'm wearing a size 10. I would like to lose at least another 10 and I'll see where I am when I get there.
IMG_3403.jpg?t=1238182723

IMG_3413.jpg?t=1238182781

IMG_3415.jpg?t=1238182843

Replies

• 72lori
    Options
    I just saw Banks' before and after pics, awesome. I have documented my weight loss journey with pictures, I take them every 6 weeks when I measure. I just did them this week and I was amazed at the difference I saw from when I started. I can't always see it when I look in the mirror and I sure haven't seen it on the scale for 2.5 months now. My tape measure is encouraging though, I'm glad I have been doing that from the start. (BTW- if all these pics show up and I do this right, I'll be doing good!)

It is a little horrifying to be posting my before pictures, they were hard to look at when I took them, (especially the one from the backside) but gotta face it! It also is a reminder of where I never want to go back to. By no means are they glamour shots either!

My before pictures, September 22nd, my 36 birthday, when I decided enough was enough! I was 200 pounds and a tight size 16.

Right now pictures, I've been sticking at 160 pounds for the past little while, and while I am a little impatient to get the scale moving, I do see changes. I'm wearing a size 10. I would like to lose at least another 10 and I'll see where I am when I get there.

• gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Mkkkay you are looking awesome, Keep up the great work!
  • kath1804
    kath1804 Posts: 47
    Options
    Woot Woo! You look fab. What tyoe of exercise have you been doing?

Keep up the good work, :flowerforyou:
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Wow these are fantastic!!! You have done excellent! :flowerforyou:

:grumble: Wish I looked that good at 200... :grumble:

Edited to add: I'm glad to see that your doggie had stayed put in front of the chair since you started. :laugh: hehehe
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good job! You're even brave enough to sport the spandex & rock it! I don't think I'll ever be that confident. :laugh: GREAT work & keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Honestly, for the bulk of my loss, I walked. That's it. From September until mid January, just walked with the dog about 3 miles 6 or 7 days a week. Now I have started jogging and weight training. And yes, the scale has not moved since I stepped foot in the gym, but I do see toning (which I didn't see with walking) and I'm going to start using body fat calculations as my indicator more than the scale because, after all, the scale is evil.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Wow these are fantastic!!! You have done excellent! :flowerforyou:

:grumble: Wish I looked that good at 200... :grumble:

Edited to add: I'm glad to see that your doggie had stayed put in front of the chair since you started. :laugh: hehehe

He, he! Yep, the dog is where I am. He's got spots in every room to lay, if I'm in the living room he's in front of that same chair most of the time.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Good job! You're even brave enough to sport the spandex & rock it! I don't think I'll ever be that confident. :laugh: GREAT work & keep it up! :flowerforyou:

I use spandex for pictures (now, notice I did not at the beginning, too horrifying), I do not go to the gym in skin tight spandex and thanks for the compliment, but I'm not feeling the rockin' it!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Wow you look great! Keep it up!
  • amccarville
    amccarville Posts: 185
    Options
    you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! :drinker:
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK AWESOME!!!!!
    CONGRATS & KEEP AT IT GIRL!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Wow - looking great keep it up!
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Wow a huge difference. Pardon me for prying, but I was wondering if your chest measurement has gotten smaller. Again, pardon me for noticing, but they look relatively the same size. I say this because I have a wonderful bosom, and I am afraid of losing all the weight from there! My fiance would probably cry if that happened. I find it encouraging that after losing 40 pounds you don't seem to have gotten much smaller up top. Hopefully I will be so lucky.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OMG, you look FABULOUS! Don't be ashamed of those before pics! Look what an amazing woman that body created!
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Congrats on all the awesome work! You look amazing! But then again, I think you looked really beautiful before too. I don't think many people are fortunate enough to look that good at 200 pounds.
    Nice job!
    :flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

WOW you look totally awesome !! How did you make your body so toned?Share your weight loss secrets with me .
  • 72lori
    Options
    Wow a huge difference. Pardon me for prying, but I was wondering if your chest measurement has gotten smaller. Again, pardon me for noticing, but they look relatively the same size. I say this because I have a wonderful bosom, and I am afraid of losing all the weight from there! My fiance would probably cry if that happened. I find it encouraging that after losing 40 pounds you don't seem to have gotten much smaller up top. Hopefully I will be so lucky.
    My chest has not gotten smaller at the same rate as the rest of me. I lost about 4 inches from my chest, but in comparison to the 7 inches for my waist and 8 inches for my hips, it's not keeping up. I have been noticing more of a difference in my chest the past month or so, it's like it finally decided to get on board. When I was replacing all my other clothes, my bras were still just fine! I always wanted a reduction. Now I just want a lift. :happy: I also realized that after having large breasts for sooooo long (I'm talking middle school) that they become a part of you and it's odd to see them smaller, don't get my wrong, they are by no means small!

Just be prepared. When you are used to being large busted, losing weight in your chest makes them seem somewhat 'deflated' and I say all the time that gravity is cruel, very, very cruel.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Congrats on all the awesome work! You look amazing! But then again, I think you looked really beautiful before too. I don't think many people are fortunate enough to look that good at 200 pounds.
    Nice job!
    :flowerforyou:

Looking 'not so bad' at 200 pounds was part of my problem. I've always been 'big boned' and carried my weight pretty well. So when I would say I need to lose 50 pounds (at least), people would look at me and say, 'Where from?' That didn't help. I'm sure they were trying to be nice, but trust me, after 40 pounds down, I can certainly go for another 10, maybe 15 or 20 and not be too thin. I'm waiting until I get those next 10 off to decide where I want to go from there.

I always laughed and said I was proportionally fat.... my body shape really hasn't changed all that much, it's just smaller.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!