I Need some HELP

Options
I have been doing MFP for three weeks and I am seeing results. My question is I am 5"11 and my daily calorie intake is 1700. I ate 996 cal. I burned 785 for an hour in the gym. My net is 211 and my remaining calorie is 1489. How much can I eat and still be on track. I hope this makes sense. I just want to make sure I am doing this right.

Replies

• h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Get a can of almonds or peanut butter.
    Step 2: Eat it.
    Step 3: Profit.
  • sadlazarus
    Options
    ^ This.

You can, perhaps should, eat your remaining 1489. You can't run your body for the day on 211 cals.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    personally, i would eat at least 1000 more.. i dont like getting below 1200 net. but generally you can eat back all of them and still stay on track. thats they way mfp works
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. Ideally you should eat 1700 on your non workout days and at least 60-90% (or all if you are hungry) of your exercise calories back to maintain enough fuel in your body to burn fat. If you don't eat enough you will not lose any weight. Trust me, I've been doing it this way since May and my ticker speaks for it's self.
  • melnkk19
    Options
    You should be shooting for at least 1700 still which means you have 704 calories left to eat for the day. I log my exercise at the end of the day so that I can track the calories easier without the net calories messing up my calculations.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Personally, I consider "exercise calories" bonus cals, which can be eaten but do not need to be. I would try to get a closer to your daily goal though, to keep your metabolism up.
  • jaygee2772
    Options
    thanks for all the advice...eating now;)
  • pghsteelerfan
    pghsteelerfan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i always try to stick to my daily caloric intake and only use the extra if i need them when i've eaten something i wanted and it puts me over the daily count...