How do you push yourself to exercise when its so hot?

Options
Its about 93 degrees today in So.Cal -___- I hate the heat/being hot/sweating lol. I am planning to do 30ds later..but there's not a/c in my living room..I know just suck it up.

Replies

• ninkdole
    ninkdole Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I live in SoCal too. It's tough, no question. But I just force myself to do it and try and think about how glad I'm gonna be that I did when it's all done and over. Just drink lots of water.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Put a fan in front of you & have some ice water near by.
  • celiadoll
    Options
    Tell me about it ! I usually run in the mornings and by 9am today, BOOM its hot !! -___- So im running at night after work !
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Yes when is this God forsaken heat wave going to end by the way?
  • TamLind83
    TamLind83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I'm in Nor Cal and it's been pretty hot up here too and it's so easy to make excuses of why I'm not going to work out when it's hot out. My advice is to get up earlier, before it gets hot, if you can so you can sweat it out before your house turns into a hot-house. That's what I have had to do so that I don't end up telling myself that I'm going to do it and end up not doing it (which is so easy for me to do if I put off working out). Good luck. : )
  • Bumblebee26
    Bumblebee26 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have 93 and sunny. Then 40, rain and highwinds.
  • karenbobaren
    karenbobaren Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it! Whenever I have an hour lunch I walk for about 30-40 minutes around the area and today I was sweating so much that I think I may have killed my ipod. I have it on rice hoping I can re-vive it. However, back to your topic i would suggest working out once the sun goes down.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    When the sun starts to set and it cools down, can you open the windows and run the fan to bring the cool breeze in?
    Living in Kansas it gets up into the 100's and the evenings don't cool down much. I will go out early in the morning or wait until late to go out for my walk. Other wise I have A.C., sorry, not trying to rub it in. :blushing:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    We have this big fan at home, I stick it in front of me on full blast and exercise in front of it.
  • truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Im in SoCal also ....and yes the heat is kicking me in the rear ..... Im just gonna exercise at night when ...hopefully...its not that hot anymore. :happy:
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Sweating and body heat are part of exercise...but all I can say is this.....GET UP GET OUT AND MOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    When the sun starts to set and it cools down, can you open the windows and run the fan to bring the cool breeze in?
    Living in Kansas it gets up into the 100's and the evenings don't cool down much. I will go out early in the morning or wait until late to go out for my walk. Other wise I have A.C., sorry, not trying to rub it in. :blushing:

Yeah that's probably what I will do. I usually exercise between 6 and 8pm, but it was still 86 at 6pm last night! Oh well, no excuses!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I like it hot.
  • katpow
    katpow Posts: 1
    Options
    I live in the Palm Springs area and it is currently 102. I get up as soon as the sun comes up around 6:30 AM and walk then. Also try and do so water jogging in the pool.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I thought I beat the heat going for a run yesterday morning...I was wrong.
    I ran the first 2 miles, did walk/run intervals the 3rd mile, walked the 4th mile cursing the heat.

When it's super hot I expect my performance to be sub-par and I'm OK with just finishing the workout. No PR's this week!