New to MFP, veteran to dieting (without much success)

Options
Hey everyone! I started on MFP about 3 weeks ago and I truly believe this is going to be the help I need to change my life around. I have been heavy my entire life. My mother had me on literally every diet and/or fad she could find and I did lose weight, many times, but without changing my mindset about food, the pounds slowly crept back on. I am now 33, have 2 kids, and I worry about not being around to see their kids.

I don't remember ever being guided to write down everything I put in my mouth though. It's a huge eye-opener! I have lost 7 lbs, which is only a drop in the bucket for me, but its a start.. I've even started exercising; walking during my lunch hour and doing Zumba at night which is a first for me. I'd love to have friends in here to support and receive support from in return.

Nice to meet you all :)

Replies

• Jeslynjeff
    Options
    You can add me as a friend if you'd like. I've been heavy my entire life also but I've made my mind up to lose all this once and for all.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family! :flowerforyou: You're in the right place for support.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I can relate to be heavy all ones life. I am just starting to track my food too. Getting to spend a long life with your kids and their kids is a great goal!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Someone else putting you on a diet won't do a thing. You've got to do it for YOU. Just think, that's the difference this time, that's why it's going to work this time :)

I'm new on here and need support too, so feel free to add me
  • BrandyRelaxing
    BrandyRelaxing Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I totally understand how you feel, I was on my first diet at 5 years old... ugh. Feel free to add me as a buddy!
  • missliss78
    missliss78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement :)