Doing a vegetarian diet :D

Options
I am new on here and i am trying a vegetarian diet. i have recently given up ALL caffeine and now meat. i just want to be healthier for myself. If anyone has any support or is part of the vegetarian diet i would love to hear from you :)

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm a *proper* vegetarian, ie. I do not eat fish..but I do eat dairy.

Please feel free to add me, and if you are a meat eater right now, I'd be interested in seeing how you 'cope' without eating meat.

Also, being vegetarian doesn't by default make you a healthy eater!!

P.s..my vegetarianism is purely a personal choice and nothing to do with religion,politics or animal cruelty etc.
  • Thaea
    Thaea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for about 5 years now and I LOVE it. Not only did I lose a ton of weight, my health has improved so much. I don't have any degestive problems any more, and I feel SO much better. Good luck, and I hope you love being a vegetarian as much as I do!

Just be careful when you eat out...some times things have chicken stock, beef fat, etc. so be sure to ask you waiter and read ingredients when you buy stuff. Remember gelatin is an animal product, so many vegetarians avoid that. You might also want to look into farm eggs and milk products, as they are better for you and your vegetarian diet than commercial products.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I've been vegan for a year and its the best thing I have EVER done.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I've been vegan for a year and its the best thing I have EVER done.

and because of you, I really am leaning heavily towards veganism.
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Go for it. It is great being a vegetarian you feel better about yourself, and lowers cholesterol etc. Give people time to get used to it and don't be put off by what others may say. I have found is that the one thing is that you need to watch your carbs just make sure that they don't go over. I have been doing MFP for three months and I have met my weight goals, it is a great site. I am still logging in and working on other stuff.
  • kentstrahlen
    kentstrahlen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I am a vegetarian but eat eggs and cheese. I do fell better since I became a vegetarian 7 years ago. I not as much over-weight as I used to and surprisingly I also feel that that training is giving better effect on my muscles contrary to common belief.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm also slowly transitioning to a plant based lifestyle, at least my goal will be 90% of the time, I watched the documentary Forks over Knives and it totaly changed my views on animal based protein, I won't be doing it because of harming animals or whatever I will be doing it because I think it's healthier as long as you get the vitamins and things your body needs. Feel free to add me.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for a couple years. I eat vegan a few days a week. Darn cheese tastes so good. ;)
  • nattytude
    Options
    Hi. I'm a newbie to this website, and also a vegie - 12 years.

If you have any tips for a low-fat but high energy (as I am dancing 3 days a week) vegie diet please let me know. I'm trying to shed some pounds.

Thanks