To Shred or Not to Shred!

Options
Hello Fitness Pals,

Simple question! Is Jillian's 30 Day Shred worth buying? Please share your personal results, like whether you were able to follow it for 30 days and how much weight you lost.

Replies

• keddabee
    Options
    To buy!!!

Im on day 7 and still on level one and have seen a great result. The bat wings have gone down (the flabby part under your arms) and I have dropped a dress size on my bottom half. This is all of course with healthy eating :)

Good luck! its really hard the first 2 days or so but if you stick with it, it will get easier and better :)
  • chellygarcia
    Options
    I have the same question.... I found it on amazon for $7 so even if I can't "do it" it's only $7 ... Good luck!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I think its worth buying. For $10 it is a great work out. I noticed a few people don't lose a whole bunch of weight, but they do lose inches and firm up!
  • ems152
    ems152 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on level 2 day 8 and I am managing to work out every day. I would recommend this DVD. There are loads of posts on here with advice and results. You will need some hand weights to do the exercises.

Like many, I put on weight in the first week but that has dropped away now and I'm losing weight again. I have already lost inches around my body. I would recommend taking before and after photos and measurements!

Good luck!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I dropped half a size on level one, then fell off the wagon. I am attempting to get back on. (I think I let level 2 scare me, and put it off one day too many.)

I recommend trying it out via a library loan or even trying out the sample clips on YouTube.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Do it!
    Your body will totally amaze you with what it can do in so little time.
    The first few days feel like hell but it becomes addictive. I promise you'll love it!
    Check out some of the threads on these message boards and you'll see some awesome transformations people have made just from that shred.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Do a search because there are some FANTASTIC results with this - including pics! Very motivational. I am on day 7 level 1. When I was on day 5 level 1 I had already lost 3 inches. Eating healthy too.

Warning though - my calves were hard as rocks the first 3 days and it was painful to walk. Day 4 was fine. Just tough it out and keep doing the workouts the pain goes away!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Double post somehow..sorry
  • Fit_ClaudiaQ
    Options
    Definitely worth buying..I lost 13inches & 2.5% body fat. You'll find you'll lose lots of inches on your waist/hips & midsection!
  • 6eighteen11
    Options
    Absolutely shred, it's a GREAT workout! I like it because it's very fast-paced so it's not like some workouts where you feel like the end is nowhere in sight.
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    its a decent workout, i saw the best results in the first 4 days only tho, blew me away but then i saw nothing more
  • sarahmaazing
    Options
    Without a question, yes! I am a graduate of the 30 Day Shred and noticed huge results!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am about to move into level 2 and I love it! It is a great little 30 minute work out, and if nothing else, I am working up a sweat. I have already lost inches off my midsection and arms. Totally worth it!
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like it! I had hit a litle plateau and wanted something to ramp things up a bit so I got the 30 Day Shred. I am on Level 2 day 8 and have lost 6 pounds and 2 inches off of my waist. I can already see some definition in my arms and shoulders. It is a little hard on the joints (knees and feet) but you can modify the moves and still get an intense 20 minute workout.
  • hundleyrose48
    Options
    what if you look like a good year blimp and can`t breath when trying to workout
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Do it..It was the first video I did when i started.. I lost did it on 32 days and lost 17 pounds and 27 inches all over my body!
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    what if you look like a good year blimp and can`t breath when trying to workout
    At least your doing more than sitting on the couch..I finally got over that caring what people think! Cuz i pretty much looked like a beached whale in the process:bigsmile:
  • eme31386
    eme31386 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the same question.... I found it on amazon for $7 so even if I can't "do it" it's only $7 ... Good luck!!

I'm with you with the $7 thing, I think I will take the proverbial leap and just do it!!! Thanks everyone for the great responses!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD and like it but my friend bought it and can't stand the DVD. It's a great workout!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Here are my results: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/359208-30-day-shred-results

It is absolutely worth it! Total loss of 13.75 inches and 7.4 pounds in 30 Days! Plus, I was heaps stronger and had more definition in my muscles. I'm doing the Ripped in 30 video next week and expect Jillian will kick my butt once again!