PMS TIPS THE SCALE??

Options
I HAD NO MOVEMENT THIS WEEK FROM MY SCALE BUT IT IS "THAT TIME" OF TJHE MONTH AND I JUST FEEL HEAVY & BLOATED..... DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE????

Replies

• truecaligirl
    truecaligirl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It sure does ..happens to me all the time...I feel like I gained 50lbs over night then I get on the scale and I'm exactly the same.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I think this happens to all us ladies. Don't worry, it will fix itself when the period is over.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I figure the body has some 'business' to get ready for which is why it holds on to everything. I generally can expect to have a good loss the week after.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    same happened to me this week. :S Awful feeling isn't it. But I just finished and I feel back to normal! :D
  • simone_84
    simone_84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes! Sometimes I even see a slight gain but most times if I keep at it like usual when its over I've still lost. Just keep doing what you're doing. Its just water retention and once the hormones settle you'll drop the water weight.
  • Jimcella
    Options
    Yes! Most of the time I gain 4 to 5 lbs when it is "that time" of the month. I also feel really heavy. I try really hard to avoid the scale.
  • Littlered9
    Options
    Yep, as we speak! LOL I deal with that every month and I hate it, so frustrating. But, we do hold lots of water weight during TOM. But, usually when I weigh myself afterwards I have dropped weight from before.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I hate this time of the month. I gain 5-10 pounds every month and it takes anywhere between 2-3 weeks to get it off. A friend of mine gave me a couple of water pills (Lasix). They work great. I take one in the middle of my cycle and one after the cycle is over.
  • channamarie
    Options
    I can relate 100%. In fact, before I had my hysterectomy, I would actually gain so much weight, I would have to pull out my "time of the month" clothes. I had months I would gain anywhere between 10 and 20 lbs. Weight gain of 2-3 lbs during this time is normal. You may have lost a pound or two and you're just "hiding" it with water retention.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?
    10602374.jpg
  • lbskinny
    lbskinny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! Not only are we just bloated (which of course will pass), but during that "wonderful" time our metabolisms speed up & cravings are born. They can really get you in trouble if you let the chocolate win. On the flipside, this is a great opportunity to take advantage of a vamped up system. If you can manage to control your cravings especially in this week, you will most likely experience a greater weight loss the following week. Hang in there!
  • chellygarcia
    Options
    Not yelling to those who asked.... to everyone else THANK YOU so much!!! i feel betetr knowing that is just what happens during this time!!! =)