Month 2 Insanity Progress + Stats

So I thought I would offer some of my progress and stats to those who might be interested or motivated to try Insanity since I've seen some people ask about calories burned. I started Insanity without a HRM but eventually bought one in week 3 once I started counting my calories. FYI I'm using the Polar FT4 HRM. I'm currently on day 3 of Month 2 of Insanity. The last 2 days were as follows

Max Interval Circuit + 1.5mi run: 1 hr 19min long, 1077 calories burned, Max HR 183, Average HR 158
Max Interval Plyo + 3mi run: 1hr 33 min long, 1191 calories burned, Max HR 183, Average HR 153

I know these include the workouts plus running right afterwards so I don't have any official calories burned for just the workout portion yet of Month 2. I do have calories burned for workouts in Month 1 and Recovery week if anybody is interested though.

Other relevant info: Started Insanity at 165, now down to 152, hoping to get to 145 before Month 2 ends. I'm 5'4.

Replies

• JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    You go for a run after doing Insanity!!?

>Searches for relevant farmyard animal to sacrifice to please my new fitness god<
  • rimandro
    rimandro Posts: 10 Member
    You go for a run after doing Insanity!!?

>Searches for relevant farmyard animal to sacrifice to please my new fitness god<

ha ya I'm really dedicated to getting down to 145 before Month 2 ends. The reason I have the energy to do it is because a) my endurance is really high from doing Month 1 and b) I drink a cup of chocolate soy milk about 5 minutes before the workout ends, right at the beginning of the cooldown which gives me the necessary carbs to keep it going. I just finished Max Cardio Conditioning + ~4mi run and had the following stats: 1hr 35min long, 1219 calories burned, Max HR 176, Average HR 154

What's funny is for my height I am still considered "overweight" for my BMI. Once I get to 145 I'll be right on the cusp of healthy/overweight. From there I'll switch back over to P90X or P90X2 most likely.