Lacking motivation....

Options
I'm lacking motivation right now too. I can't seem get the energy to exercise. I'm still staying within my calorie goals every day, but I just can't pull it together to workout. I'm a SAHM with 2 kids, one in school, one at home. I'm up early, and I go to bed too late every night. Blah....

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    im a work at home with two kids; one at home with me and one at school. i go to bed too late. i also use the gym every single weekday cause if not, my son who is two would cease to exist. if you want it, youll figure out a way to work it out.
  • Krisengel
    Krisengel Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way tonight! I've stayed under my calories, but I can't seem to find the energy to get a workout in. I was on my feet all day and I'm so sleepy right now! Hopefully tomorrow will be better for both of us.
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Aw...I hate feeling blah...honestly, it's so hard to find the motivation, but you would sleep better at night & your mood will perk up if you start excercising regularily. Have you ever tried just doing 20 minutes every single day of something - anything! - around the same time of day? Just so it becomes a habit - like brushing your teeth. Then after a while, you'll reap the benefits and want to challenge yourself more. I was a SAHM for 7 years - I found I had to force myself to do something for just me - very easy to fall into the trap of just doing for everyone else - but that's not good for anybody,,,,good luck!
  • SaintOnEarth
    Options
    It IS hard to find motivation to workout and exercise.. what I did was promise myself a better life and more commitment on my end. Honestly, if you cannot keep a promise to yourself who else should? I found it in myself to become a better me on a daily basis.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have been SAHM for 9 years and it can be a lonely job. No one tells you good job or way to go. No bonus or recognition, that is why you NEED to get out and exercise. Even if that means taking the stroller to the mall to walk laps. J
    I recently joined fitness center with daycare. It is WAY to much money, But I decided we could go without other things, I need some time to focus on myself in a positive way, so I have more energy to be a good wife and mom. Even if it's a short time thing, I encourage you to go to a gym, and be around other woman and adults who have same goals as you. I hate the feeling of being worn out during class, but I am so proud of myself afterwards. Just do it!
  • meridian8004
    Options
    I feel ya! I just started this thing and I promised myself that I wouldn't set a routine for workouts. I do, however, set goals. It seems to motivate me more when I do that. So this week my goal was to cycle 10 miles in one workout. I didn't have time on Monday and Tuesday, I was too exhausted (only did 40 minutes/7 miles), but on Wednesday I accomplished my goal. My new goal is to do 10 miles in 55 minutes instead of an hour. I dunno....seems to be working for me so far.
  • peekabeaux
    Options
    Give yourself a certain time everyday, just 30 minutes, of you time. If you can do that for a week and do an exercise you enjoy., no matter how many calories you burn, by the end of the week you should have the extra energy. You can do it, you have been doing so great, you deserve this.