gaining mass

Options
So I just sign up for this today and my goal is to gain muscle mass. My goal is 1 pound per week. Im 210lbs 6'4" 8.9%bf 26 years old male. It says that I need to consume 129 grams of protein per day to meet my goal?? That cant be right considering if my goal is to gain muscle mass. I already know i need to at least consume 1-1.5 grams of protein per 1lb of body mass. That comes out to around 210-320 grams of protein. Everything else seems about right as far as fats,carbs,calories, etc is concerned. What should I do?? Can anybody help? Im stuck!

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    MFP is very low in protein but you can custom your macro. I use 40/30/30 myself
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You can choose custom goals and adjust your macro percentage to suit your needs.

BTW nice SHF 1MR tank.
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    When gaining mass don't forget to focus on getting lots of carbohydrates as well. :)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I eat 120 grams of protein a day.... and i'm 5'8" 135 pounds... 18% bf... You DEFINATLY need 200-300 if your looking to gain...
  • athleanguy
    Options
    I figured it out. lol
  • athleanguy
    Options
    yea I follow Scott on fb great community there. Thanks everyone for your quick responses