Stuffed peppers

Options
jpowers416
jpowers416 Posts: 57 Member
Hi ya'll!! I have a craving for stuffed peppers, but don't have any good recipes!! Please please please send me your winning recipes to fill my belly!! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    red peppers stuffed with feta, a drizzling of olive oil and some thyme. super amazing!
  • ndaney
    ndaney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I stuff my peppers with brown rice, lentils, garlic, onion and cinnamon. Delicious and it is very filling with the rice and lentils!
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I like yellow peppers filled with lean ground beef, brown rice, and a your favorite healthy pasta sauce. I cut them open and sprinkle a little 2% cheese over it. Mmmmm...... I think I've got a craving for them too. They freeze well too so you can make a bunch and take them out one at a time as you want them. :)
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/exclusives/nutrition/contestant-recipes/hannahs-turkey-stuffed-peppers/

Biggest Loser Hanna's turkey stuffed red peppers!!! Look SOOOOOOOOOO good!!!! :-D
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    made 1and a half peppers 590 calories

Jennie-O Turkey Store - Lean 93/7 Ground Turkey, 6 Oz. (112 g) 255 0 12 32
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon 119 0 14 0
    Cheese - Sharp Cheddar, 1 oz 120 0 5 6
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 cup, sliced 24 6 0 1
    Bell Pepper - Red, 148 g (medium) 25 6 0 1
    Produce - Green Bell Pepper 1 Whole (Correct) , 0.5 Bell Pepper 12 3 0 1
    Fresh - Roma Tomato, 1 tomato 35 7 1 1

Funny I had this for dinner tonight It was fantastic.
    cook the turkey and set aside
    fry in oil onions and tomato then add the meat and fry together for 5min
    stuff the pepper and cover with cheese and bake for 30min at 350
  • michaelarami
    Options
    I just made some yesterday, and they were delicious!

Here is what I did...

Italian Style Peppers

4 Red bell peppers sliced lengthwise
    1 1/4 lb Lean ground turkey
    Chopped onion and garlic
    1 Cup Brown Rice
    Sugar Free or Regular Pasta sauce
    Fresh Baby Spinach leaves
    Low-fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (Optional)

I browned the meat with onions and garlic. Then combine browned meat mixture with cooked brown rice, pasta sauce (I eyeballed the amount, just enough to make it juicy), and torn spinach leaves. Mix all together and stuff pepper halves.

Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350. Then remove foil, add some shredded cheese on top if you want to, and bake for ten additional minutes.

They turned out great and were really yummy! Since I used four peppers, I had eight halves so we have plenty of leftovers for other meals, I have also read were things like this can be froze for later. I have seen recipes that add zucchini and other veggies, if I had those on hand I would have used that instead of the brown rice.
  • jpowers416
    jpowers416 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks guys!! KEEP THEM COMING!! I have already taken the ground turkey out of the freezer so I can make some of this deliciousness tomorrow night for dinner!
  • benztim6876
    benztim6876 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I made the Biggest Loser Pepper's last night that I saw on Biggest Loser last week and they were AMAZING!!!!.

Biggest Loser's website says that they have 140 calories per serving which is a half of a pepper, however when you type it in MyFitnessPal it comes up as 170ish. Not sure who is right or not.

BEWARE - Do not microwave the leftovers. Peppers beome over cooked and are soggy. Other than that they were wonderful.

Tim