Candy bar NSV!

Options
toonces80
toonces80 Posts: 23 Member
DH brought me home a 3Musketeer. I had some leftover calories today but wasn't hungry. I knew I wanted the candy bar because it would taste good. However, the whole candy bar would have put me over calories.

So, I decided to half it. I walked away getting the taste I wanted, feeling satisfied, and having no guilt.

It feels great!

Replies

• uyent
    uyent Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    And, you have the second half for another day! Way to go!!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That is the best!!! Awesome job in making good decisions and allowing yourself to enjoy something in the portion you needed it to be. You rock!
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    way to go!! that is hard to do and YOU did it!!
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Well done!:flowerforyou:
  • Love it!!! I used to make fun of people who could eat a half a candy bar and then stash the rest away for later (ok, jealousy??). But now, I'm hoping to become one of them!!!
  • badelia18
    badelia18 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! I need to learn to half my cravings. lol
  • arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Sweets are my weakness, so this is something I'll have to do. :)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    OMG I know how hard it is to not eat the whole thing! I did that with a skinny cow ice cream cup a week or so ago and I was proud of myself! It makes you feel great!
  • heatypablo
    Options
    awesome!!! I need to learn to half my cravings. lol

haha love this!! well put! :heart: :heart: :laugh:
  • eatterberry
    eatterberry Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard to do that. Sometimes I've found if I'm really really craving something, if I can eat half slowly, I don't want anymore. I can also talk myself into having to work extra hard at the gym if I have that item. (which I don't want to do!) Good Job!
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yay, that's terrific!
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I feel you there mine brought home a Real Coke and some chocolate and I actually passed without being like maybe just a taste and then for dinner I had the choose of water or Mountain Dew and I took my bottle of water and left the last MD for my hubby to have!! :) so good to know we have some will power left in us from time to time huh?
  • jenscot25
    jenscot25 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Not getting why your husband would bring a candy bar home?? It would be like bringing a 6-er home to a recovering alcohlic.. Did he not know you're trying to loose weight? Bring some flowers instead and work a few calories off in bed!!
  • Lotstoluv263
    Options
    That is why I love mini's, I absolutly love the dark chocolate Dove candys. I have learned when I am craving something sweet I can eat 2 and I am satisfied. It is great once you learn self control!! Like that old saying says "moderation" is the key to success.....I try not to deprive myself because I feel like I am being cheated and that is when my secret binging occurs!! Great job, keep it up!!
  • toonces80
    toonces80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm ok with the candy bar. I love 3M's and glad he thought of me.

I need to learn to not avoid 3M's (or any other food). I need to learn to manage them.

And flowers just don't taste as good. ;)
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good job. It's all about the decisions we make and yours satisfied that taste without going overboard.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!