Moms 25+ in their 200+ to start journey!

Hello :blushing: im new to this and i really want to have a group of moms that i can count on for encouragement, challenges and help others as well on this weight loss journey! It is not easy to lose this weight after pregnancy and its 10x more difficult to have the time for doing anything:yawn: . i would like to do weekly challenges and have daily encouragements for everyone that joins here. :smile:

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member
    I'd like to join. :) I'm a mom of a 3 year old and I'm currently about 262 lbs. Just let me know when you're getting started! :flowerforyou:
  • Hi!!! I would like to join this group!!! I am 29 and currently at 282. I need accountability!!
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    I am in! I am 30 and have a 1 year old. I weigh 225 right now
  • kp_88
    kp_88 Posts: 53 Member
    I am a mom to a two year old and a four month old. I am 238 trying to down to 180, but I'm only 23 ( in one month). I would like to join if my age isn't a problem. I know it says 25 +, but I'd like to have some mommies as weight loss friends as well.
  • I'm a mom to a 9 month old. I'm 29 and 207 lbs. I'm trying to get down to 150 lbs.
  • hey moms!!! ^_^ thanks for joining in! :happy: im so glad to have this journey to share with each other and showing motivation you all already took the first step to want this! welcome to our group! im 27 mom to a soon 3 month old babygirl and last weigh in i was 202, im probably a couple pounds more now becuz i kinda went crazy on my bday week. After that, thats when i decided to do this! :flowerforyou: This journey is not impossible darlings, just difficult, but with the right mind-set and great group of supporters, we can accomplish this and our goal weight!
  • the age doesnt matter, i meant to delete that part but it was too late when i posted it lol :flowerforyou:
  • Ok this group journey begins as of Friday October 14th 2011 :smile: This will be week 1!! :bigsmile: Yay for us moms!!!

The food challenge for this week: Only have 1 dessert thru the entire week that includes
    (Cake, ice cream, cupcakes, donuts, candy, pie, cookies, etc.)

Reason: Well since im sure many of us are used to eating sweet snacks or desserts often in the week so this will be i believe a good way to cut off of it slowly, not a 180 degree cut. After choosing one dessert that we eat in the week, next goal challenge will be a specific dessert, then healthier dessert then from there no dessert to a healthy snack. All a slow but smart healthy process.

The exercise challenge for this week: A 15 minutes walk without stopping once everyday for 7 days.

Reason: This will be good start if any of us haven't worked in a long time or hasn't ever worked out before. Starting out slow and consistent is the key, we build up different amounts of time and exercises every week more and more!

I hope this is a good beginners idea and try it out that it will work. If you have any ideas or thoughts, please feel free to speak on it! :heart:

P.S. Does anybody like to dance & aerobics? :smile:
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    I'm a 27 yr old mom of an adorable 5 yr old little girl! I am presently 329 and have a whole human being to lose! I am all about doing this challenge with people who are in a similar boat as me. That way we dont get these skinny minis in here wanting to lose 30lbs....UM...NO! ;) I have that much to lose in one leg!! So lets do this ladies!! Lets throw that fat to the curb!! WOOOO!!! Go Team.... We'll be the HOTT MAMAS!!

As for aerobics...I tried Jillian's 30DS....um...not for me!! YIKES! So I went back in time and picked up a Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies!! I absolutely LOOOOVVVEEE it!! I had to work up to completing it,....but I did it!!! When I get to 320...I'm getting my next video!!
  • hey hun! i love your energy and motivation! :bigsmile: and oh kool! i havent tried his aerobic workouts but i heard they are fun!
    As for me, i love to incorporate dance in my aerobic workouts, i use the nintendo wii "just dance" games and bellydancer trainers Veena & Neena slimdown workouts, its alot of fun! i used to workout with the dvds of Veena & Neena 8 yrs ago and i lost a good amount of weight basically to my goal weight that i want now, look them up on youtube to see if ur interested :happy: i do admit its a bit more harder than 8 yrs ago becuz im with a baby now and at a weight i haven't been before with less energy so im dedicated to make it work :smile:
  • The goal of 1 dessert a week is going to be tough!!! My husband loves to indulge my chocolate addiction. He really doesn't understand the whole diet thing, lol. I can do it!
  • aw lol i know how it feels! i love chocolates too! my hubby knows im trying to diet and when i crave something, he ends up getting it for me, ugh no help lol. but of course you can do it mama! :happy: we can do this!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member
    The dessert challenge shouldn't be too hard--I usually get my sweet tooth cravings taken care of on fruit or yogurt. Question on the exercise though .. is that 7 days starting on Friday, or 7 days from now?

I really like the dancing stuff like Zumba which I got few months ago, and I've been doing Leslie Sansone walking videos occasionally as well. I have also tried Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I have to say that I really liked how intense the workouts were (even though they seriously kick your butt) and I got to level 2, but then I got busy and lost motivation, so I never finished it.

I'm glad to have a group of us moms that can relate to each other and really be motivators. I'm excited to get this going! :bigsmile:
  • hey hun! awesome that your into dance! im so about it too! i sweat twice as much dancing than doing gym machines and its fun. i heard alot of ppl doing zumba, i wanna check that out :smile:
    im into bellydance, salsa, pop n hiphop dancing :bigsmile: i love playing the wii dance games too. For fitness i really like to do bellydance, it works out the entire body. like i mentioned above, i like to work with Veena & Neena. here's there website www.bellytwins.com and if u wanna see a bit on what theyre about heres a youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbSgl57__1E
    it might look easy but its pretty intense and u sweat like crazy lol

Sorry for getting back late for that question, but yes it starts friday =) and awesome on the food challenge, i never thought of replacing with fruit or yogurl, i should try that! :happy:
    im glad that we get to try this all together! i think it really helps getting the motivation from other moms and helping each other out reach our goal! :flowerforyou: