HCG....... OMG

Options
I have read so many threads just today on this HCG subject...... PLEASE people dont just be blind and only read what is on the HCG website.

If you order it online, your getting some unknown substance and if your ok with putting that in your body more power to you and your later failing organs.

Any REAL doctor will not support this diet. Dont believe me ask your doctor. (not a weight loss doctor a internal medicine doc)

I believe that people doing the HCG diet should be banned from MFP. "My FITNESS Pal" you obviously cant get much fitness in only eating 500 calories

If this offends you HCG goers then read a different thread. This websit is to teach you "healthy eating" and fitness not starving yourself and developing eating disorders.....

And who in the hell wants to put someone elses pee into their body??????? This practice amazes me.

So this is my vent....... Get smart people Slow and steady wins the race!!!!!!! Now everyone go enjoy a small portion size bowl of ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people get so mad. It's not effecting you, so why does it bother you SO much? It's also suspicious... like what about it makes you so upset?

I don't support it, but it's not a big deal. People choose to make huge mistakes on a daily basis... Does that upset you this much also? I hope not!

Let people live and learn. If you don't agree, sit behind your computer shake you head and roll your eyes, then find something better to do with your time.

this is comming from a college athlete who eats 2300 calories a day, not a supporter.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    *Like.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options

Any REAL doctor will not support this diet. Dont believe me ask your doctor. (not a weight loss doctor a internal medicine doc)

Heh. My internal medicine doctor actually recommended that I try the HCG diet, although she did add that her facility did not support that or any time of weight loss drug.
    Needless to say, I won't be seeing her again.
  • alanabancroft
    Options
    I agree that it is not a suitable diet, but to clarify, hCG is a hormone found in pregnant women that is detected in urine when taking a pregnancy test. You are not injecting urine into you, you are injecting just the hormone.
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have an idea...... why don't you just NOT read any type of HCG threads, MOVE ON TO YOUR THREAD OF INTEREST AND LEAVE PEOPLE'S FREEDOM OF CHOICE ALONE? I was under the impression that this site encourages MANY THINGS and on top of the HCG diet, there is a point in time ( the whole time ) where there is support needed to continue to eat healthy. Hence... why most of us are here in the first place. I was unaware of the fact that there was an "in" group and an "out" group. What gives you the right to dictate who deserves to be here? We are all here for one reason... lose weight, keep it off and end up with a healthy eating lifestyle. How some of us do it along the way is none of your business. That is why so many people here keep their food diaries closed..... BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT CRITIQUE EVERYBODY'S EVERY MOVE. Get over yourself and tend to your own diet, will you.....
  • nakiarhall
    nakiarhall Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people get so mad. It's not effecting you, so why does it bother you SO much? It's also suspicious... like what about it makes you so upset?

I don't support it, but it's not a big deal. People choose to make huge mistakes on a daily basis... Does that upset you this much also? I hope not!

Let people live and learn. If you don't agree, sit behind your computer shake you head and roll your eyes, then find something better to do with your time.

this is comming from a college athlete who eats 2300 calories a day, not a supporter.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have an idea...... why don't you just NOT read any type of HCG threads, MOVE ON TO YOUR THREAD OF INTEREST AND LEAVE PEOPLE'S FREEDOM OF CHOICE ALONE? I was under the impression that this site encourages MANY THINGS and on top of the HCG diet, there is a point in time ( the whole time ) where there is support needed to continue to eat healthy. Hence... why most of us are here in the first place. I was unaware of the fact that there was an "in" group and an "out" group. What gives you the right to dictate who deserves to be here? We are all here for one reason... lose weight, keep it off and end up with a healthy eating lifestyle. How some of us do it along the way is none of your business. That is why so many people here keep their food diaries closed..... BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT CRITIQUE EVERYBODY'S EVERY MOVE. Get over yourself and tend to your own diet, will you.....

interesting you put out your 2 cents again because I see you on all the other threads. And others are correct I could move on and not read them. But this diet has effected my family personally. I did not nor do not dictate who deserves to be here but MFP is for a healthy lifestyle and again you show me one internal medicine doc that supports this diet or only eating 500 calories. I am not on MFP for a diet but a lifestyle change a healthy one. Thats what I thought this website was about.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options

interesting you put out your 2 cents again because I see you on all the other threads. And others are correct I could move on and not read them. But this diet has effected my family personally. I did not nor do not dictate who deserves to be here but MFP is for a healthy lifestyle and again you show me one internal medicine doc that supports this diet or only eating 500 calories. I am not on MFP for a diet but a lifestyle change a healthy one. Thats what I thought this website was about.

I thought we were all here to life healthier, not lose weight. It's called My FITNESS Pal, not my diet pal. And any fad diet, can't be healthy. Maybe we are commenting on the threads because we CARE about people being healthy, and know that HCG or whatever it is, isn't HEALTHY.

I know that I hope that people would be open to suggestions, and advice if they post on the boards. Sure, I could just not read it and move on as you suggest, but I hate to think of someone trying to do something healthy for themselves and damaging their body in the process. So I will put my two cents in, and hopefully they will make better decisions about their health. If they don't, they don't, but at least I know I tried.
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    you show me one internal medicine doc that supports this diet or only eating 500 calories.

Actually, for people who are very obese and at risk of heart attack or other life threatening illnesses in the short term, many good doctors do recommend fasting or VLCDs (under supervision, of course). See the research on the guy who lost over 200 pounds in a year of fasting under supervision with no long term negative side effects and who kept it off.

I'm not a HCG supporter either and I eat my MFP recommended calories and am still losing with success, but it's important to keep in mind what works for you doesn't work for everyone, and while that diet isn't part of a long term change in eating patterns many people have also used it as a starting point to learning healthier behaviors. There's no reason to call for users to be banned, if it works you up like that simply stay away from those threads...
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

I thought we were all here to life healthier, not lose weight. It's called My FITNESS Pal, not my diet pal. And any fad diet, can't be healthy. Maybe we are commenting on the threads because we CARE about people being healthy, and know that HCG or whatever it is, isn't HEALTHY.

I know that I hope that people would be open to suggestions, and advice if they post on the boards. Sure, I could just not read it and move on as you suggest, but I hate to think of someone trying to do something healthy for themselves and damaging their body in the process. So I will put my two cents in, and hopefully they will make better decisions about their health. If they don't, they don't, but at least I know I tried.

agree
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    . I did not nor do not dictate who deserves to be here but MFP is for a healthy lifestyle and again you show me one internal medicine doc that supports this diet or only eating 500 calories. I am not on MFP for a diet but a lifestyle change a healthy one. Thats what I thought this website was about.

Contradictory much? Your first post on this thread was about how you think people who follow the HCG diet should be banned from MFP. You may not have the power to dictate membership but it sure seems like you want to.

There are many roads to the same destination. One diet doesn't necessarily work for everyone.

But very few people on this board are experts, so how about just letting people get to their goals in their own way and time?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options

I believe it's because of the public view of it by people on here (who are lurkers) that are minors. Reading information on HCG may sway them to try it without any adult supervision.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I have read so many threads just today on this HCG subject...... PLEASE people dont just be blind and only read what is on the HCG website.

If you order it online, your getting some unknown substance and if your ok with putting that in your body more power to you and your later failing organs.

I believe that people doing the HCG diet should be banned from MFP. "My FITNESS Pal" you obviously cant get much fitness in only eating 500 calories

If this offends you HCG goers then read a different thread. This websit is to teach you "healthy eating" and fitness not starving yourself and developing eating disorders.....

And who in the hell wants to put someone elses pee into their body??????? This practice amazes me.

So this is my vent....... Get smart people Slow and steady wins the race!!!!!!! Now everyone go enjoy a small portion size bowl of ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take a look in the HCG archives on here you might be surprised to see Mike's stand on HCG. He's defended the groups that started and allows them to stay. There used to be HUGE fights on here and the drama was crazy. He told the ppl not into HCG to leave those that were alone and stay out of their groups & quit harassing them or they would be suspended. So yes some might not believe it has a place here but the Owner of MFP does so that is why it's allowed to stay here and can be discussed openly.

This is NOT me saying I'm all about HCG, as that's not the road I've chosen but I am pretty sure some of you would be quite surprised at Mike's take on the whole deal on HIS site in regards to HCG peeps, he was very protective of them & their right to speak openly.

He would suspend which ever side got rude for a week or two, so this topic has been discussed by him a great deal and he's never told them they had to go. But rather that the rest of us needed to chill out and leave them be with out putting them down.

I respect Mike so that's what I do...I too used to allow it to get me, then I stopped, it's not hurting me, and by discussing it on yet another thread all it does is bring more HCG ads to the sidebars & get everyone all worked up.

The healthy way of eating well and working out I find best for me but I've found I have no right to knock them down even if I don't agree with what they've chosen as their means to drop weight. I used to allow it to consume me too ..what a waste of time and energy that was.

If you're extremely bothered by it simply look away from the threads and find a new way to workout, new food to try, anything, anything new that will help you to not allow it to bother you and distract you from your main goal for joining.:flowerforyou:
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Uh oh OP, she found you. .......good luck!
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives.... *dun dun dun*
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do agree with the person who said those who are severely obese could possibly benefit from VLCD under strict doctor supervision....HOWEVER VLCD alone works just fine...no need for HCG. Not to mention homeopathic HCG is mostly just water and fillers. It's not going to kill you; just your wallet.

Also, most of the people supporting HCG and VLCD don't seem to be severely obese with imminent obesity-related health problems. They're people who want the weight loss over quickly, and I don't blame them, I do too. The difference is, I'd rather be able to run, lift weights, go out with friends, and enjoy life, rather than worrying about if I can have a tablespoon of BBQ sauce or not because that won't work on my ridiculously low calorie allowance.

Oh and speaking of the calorie allowance. Why is it a one-size-fits-all 500 calories? Why not a low percentage of maintenance calories? Are you really telling me the 150 pound woman and the 350 pound man should eat the same amount of food?
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have an idea, why don't you just NOT read any type of HCG threads? Move on to your thread of interest and leave people's freedom of choice alone! I was under the impression that this site encourages MANY THINGS and on top of the HCG diet, there is a point in time ( the whole time ) where there is support needed to continue to eat healthy. Hence, why most of us are here in the first place.

I was unaware of the fact that there was an "in" group and an "out" group. What gives you the right to dictate who deserves to be here? We are all here for one reason, to lose weight, keep it off and end up with a healthy eating lifestyle. How some of us do it along the way is none of your business. That is why so many people here keep their food diaries closed, BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT CRITIQUE EVERYBODY'S EVERY MOVE. Get over yourself and tend to your own diet, will you?

I fixed it for you. I hope you like it with proper punctuation. I even kept in the caps lock emphasis for the most part since I guess that's your "thing".
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Wondering what the body count of baby giraffes is up to with this thread.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Wondering what the body count of baby giraffes is up to with this thread.

*sigh*
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif