does anyone get numb legs???

Options
Hi Lately my upper legs have been going numb, is this normal?

Replies

• donnaleahnoelle
    Options
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    When does it happen?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

of course not....what are you doing different lately?
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    When I've exercised sometimes it will hurt and feel like its numb or something from pain, but not just when I'm walking around...hmm...not sure on that one...when in doubt ask a doctor. Hope you figure it out!
  • donnaleahnoelle
    Options
    I have not been doing anything different, my lower back has been sore for a couple of days
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    sounds like a pinched nerve or disk issue. you should go see your doctor
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    It might be sciatica, which basically means something is putting pressure on a nerve in your lower back. I have it, and it can cause numbness or pain in the legs. Does it get better when you walk? How about if you take ibuprofen?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have not been doing anything different, my lower back has been sore for a couple of days

when extremities start going numb for any extended length of time and it isnt sleeping wrong on your arm or something....your blood supply is being cut off to that extremity...see your doctor is my advice...it is not normal by any means
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a doctor - it could be serious.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm starting physical therapy on Tuesday for an issue similar to this. It's been going on for years & got REALLY bad (to the point of painful pins & needles) with each of my pregnancies. Sounds like you need to go to the dr.!