Signs of progress

Options
What (other than the scale) tells you you're REALLY losing weight?

When I first started dating my boyfriend, I bought a new belt to look cute with an outfit I wore on a date with him. At the time, it was too tight even at its biggest, and I kind of looked more ridiculous than cute.

Now that belt fits comfortably on the second hole.

I have another belt that I've had for years, and at my largest, it too was uncomfortable on the loosest setting. Now I can wear it comfortably on the THIRD hole!

What about you?

Replies

• daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I gave up on belts a couple years ago, so no belt story - but how about third set of hooks? I went from the last set of hooks to the innermost set on all my bras, LOL! That's a small NSV but I still count it as I've used the last set for years and years... like forever.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I have lost almost 30lbs and do not see a difference, and I keep thinking why I see myself the same as before I lost this weight. Then I started trying on clothes, of course I cant lose a pant size yet because my pants were super tight to began with lol. So then I saw the difference my pants do feel alot better, I can actually breath and wear any blouse with any pant, when before I needed a bigger blouse for a certain pair of pants because of the BIG muffin top. Needless to say clothes or belts in your case, or even being able to do something without huffing and puffing are great signs....we are on our way.:happy:
  • melissabee31
    Options
    Tonight, I randomly decided to try on an old pair of pants in my closet. At the time I bought the pants, they didn't fit right at all, but were probably on sale so I bought them anyway. I always tried to wear them, but ended up taking them off because they were so tight. Well, when I put them on tonight, I was stunned. They fit SO comfortably like never before! The waist was even pretty loose. A few months ago, my thighs never would have fit into those pants comfortably at all!

It's always nice when you find something like that in your life that's clearer than numbers on a scale.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My face, boobs. and back "wings" are shrinking :) Back wings as in the rolls underneath your bra strap...
  • Sanvita58
    Sanvita58 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you seem to be my twin sister as I took achieved the second whole victory this morning....
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that I noticed it first in my clothes. I noticed things weren't quite as snug as they used to be. I have had to stop wearing some of the clothes I used to wear because they are falling off. I haven't seen the numbers fly off the scale like I would like but I am happy with a size or two smaller pair of jeans.
  • Gillby
    Gillby Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    When I look down I don't see my belly under my boobs! Winning!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!