Hi new to fitness pal :)

Options
Hi

I am 40 and have slowly allowed my weight to creep up on me ,I have had a few half-hearted attemps to lose weight but find it a struggle sometimes and having an underactive thyroid dont help matters either . So this is it ... its got to be done :) .. My son is getting married in 18 months time so I have something to work towards and I so do not want to look like a frump in the wedding pictures . Wish me luck as i embark on my journey .

Replies

• heley33
    heley33 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you have done the right thing in giving youself plenty of time :)
  • AnastasiaRad
    AnastasiaRad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow people on this website...

Losing weight through the Dukan diet and GAIAM fitness DVDs, just use this site as an extra tool for weightloss (I am currently 63 kg and 168 cm), hopefully this will help me stay on track more (even though I had a slice of cake today, it was a friend's birthday though...and i ate fennel and fish for lunch...). Excuses, excuses. Anyhow, good luck to you all. And to me.
  • Leaker12
    Options
    Goodluck in your new adventure. I am in the same boat, my youngest daughter is getting married in about 18 months and I would like to look nice in her wedding album.
  • Feljay
    Feljay Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all.

Well today is the start of my new lifestyle change. My son & girlfriend directed me to this site as they are tracking too. One just to be healthy and the other to gain weight. But unfortunately that's not me...I need to lose it. So I've tried before and succeeded but the weight slowly crept back on and now need to lose 20 kg's. I know it will be a long journey but am determined to rid my body of this excess that is causing me pain and expensive medical care.
    Looking forward to each small milestone in weightloss :smile:
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard the MFP train!!! feel free to add me if you would like motivation and support...xx