Options
2»

Replies

• d2rala
    d2rala Posts: 54
    Options
    To change your goal calories start out on your home page
    click the tab that says "Goals"
    towards the middle center of the page there should be a tab that says "Change Goals"
    click the line that says "Custom" then continue.
    This should take you to goal calories page.
    I recently changed my to reflect higher protein intake as well.

Good luck!
    Diane
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Thanks for the comments
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you use a HRM, but if not it might help.
    I was using the exercise calories MFP gives me for exercise, but when I got a HRM I found that I was really burning quite a bit less. On the elliptical I was burning 100 calories and MFP said 400! This could mean the difference between losing weight and gaining or being "stuck"
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Joelle~

I would like to comment on your exercise calorie too~ I can't tell how much you weigh, but your numbers seem HIGH. I just got a HRM and ALL of my exercise calories from MFP were MUCH higher than my actual burn. You may want to consider getting one.

Also, I would caution you about using activities like cleaning as an "exercise".

And I think your food calories are too low too.

I'm stuck too and just raised my calories to see if I can get something "started"~ I admit I am VERY nervous about it but the posts I've read here on MFP are quite convincing about the effects of NOT eating enough.

We shall see......
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My thyroid is a huge problem as my weight comes off super slowly and drives me insane. I've never had a complete stand still of my weight before, 6 weeks not going up not going down! I record everything that passes my lips I'm very serious about getting this weight off. My clothes do fit a lot better and I have lost inches on my hips and waist but I would love to see the weight coming off too.

This might be useful

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/weight_loss/advice/underactive_thyroid.htm
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have been trying so hard, going to gym, keeping active and eating healthily. I drink lots of water too. For the last 6 weeks my weight has not changed. I still have lots of weight to lose but this is so frustrating.

First off, what's your maintenance calories and current stats? Weight not be changing but possibly inches? Have you tried taking measurements? Waist, arms, etc. If you can post your maintenance calories, we can try helping you out further.