Peanut butter

Options
If i need a sugar fix i go for low fat peanut butter and it also gives me energy for the gym. Though its quite high in calories it does hit the spot. Do you think its bad for you?

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't eat a lot of it..no, its not bad!
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I have started eating the whipped peanut butter (Peter Pan I think it is) because you get more for less calories. I don't think it's bad for you. I use it for a quick pick me up as well.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    If it's bad for me I'm headed down a dangerous road b/c I eat it almost every day, LOL I love it!! Not crazy about the low-fat though, I either get natural or the Peter Pan whipped :)
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    It is fine.
  • supergirlsu
    Options
    Whipped peanut butter sound soooo good. Bet thats another American product hey? (oh how i long to live in the states!)
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Go for All Natural...the kind that has the ingredients listed as JUST PEANUTS (maybe a little salt)...

Once you go Natural, you won't go back to Jif or the like EVER...it's SOOOO good and satisfying to boot.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Have you guys tried the Skippy peanut butter with HONEY?

It's to die for.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter is good for you. It is high in calories, but they are calories from healthy fats, which your body needs. Just keep it all within your calorie limits, and you'll be fine.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love peanut butter. My opinion is no, its not bad for you! Its high in protein which is great! You just have to be mindful of the calories when you are counting calories of course! but, my favorite kind is Natural Jif crunchy, low sodium! I helps with my sweet tooth!
    yummy!! :flowerforyou:
  • angelinerstetzko
    Options
    I have something you all will love!

404_500_csupload_34762559.jpg?u=644963534

PB2. The next generation of peanut butter. Only 45 calories per 2 tablespoons :):):)

http://www.bellplantation.com/products
  • McCallsmommy
    McCallsmommy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB2? It's peanut butter without the fat. I order mine from Bell Plantation... It comes in powdered form, and you add water. It sounds totally gross, but it's actually pretty good! They make a chocolate one, and I love it. Only 45 calories a serving.
  • Keebler125
    Options
    peanut butter is a great food. when it is natural.
    problem is most people do not read the labels.
    avoid things that say Partially hydrogenated, high fructose corn syrup, things like that.
    what those do is turn a good fat (from the peanut which is a legume) into an heart stopping bad fat that will clog your arteries and potentially kill you.

so you decide. read the labels and eat things that are good for you, or eat things that will kill you
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Whipped peanut butter sound soooo good. Bet thats another American product hey? (oh how i long to live in the states!)

Kraft makes a whipped peanut butter, and I actually noticed all natural one too finally, here in Canada ^_^
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have you guys tried the Skippy peanut butter with HONEY?

It's to die for.
    I love it too! The others are not as tempting!
  • SamHughes15
    SamHughes15 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to peanut butter!! i have it for breakfast in a wrap with banana :)
    Its not too bad in moderation, same as everything

x
  • supergirlsu
    Options

Kraft makes a whipped peanut butter, and I actually noticed all natural one too finally, here in Canada ^_^

Im in the UK. Apart from chocolate and tea bags, our food sucks haha.

Can i get PB2 in UK? (im gonna assume not) lol
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    I am addicted to peanut butter!! i have it for breakfast in a wrap with banana :)
    Its not too bad in moderation, same as everything

x

That is why we are such great friends =)
  • moylie
    moylie Posts: 195
    Options
    Two options: PB2 and FitNutz (available in "chunky" style, which I'm partial to), which are both available for pretty cheap shipping from netrition.com. Half the calories, and natural ingredients. Great to add to smoothies, oatmeal, baked goods, whatever.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have recently switched to natural almond butter -- tastes exactly like natural peanut butter. I get the no stir smooth (some you have to stir the liquid). Calorie wise it is high, but it is all good fats and protein.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Every night before bed I make Peanut Butter Cream: 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, & 2.5 tbsp unsweetened almond milk. It's a delicious low-carb, high-protein snack that kills any ice cream cravings I might have at night, plus keeps me from waking up ravenous in the morning.

I'm not crazy about PB2, though if I'm having a high carb day it's quite good on those Special K multigrain crackers.