I'm new here....

Options
Hi my name is Andrea and I have 4 children...ages 9, 7, 3 and 1. I've been on this weight loss journey for about 16 years....I've been though alot. The pregnancies didn't help with my weight either. Here I am at 29 weighing in at 199 and now worried that I may have diabetes and high cholesterol. I need some advice on how to cook healthier and get rid of fast food addictions....any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks and God Bless!!

Replies

• Andie0204
    Options
    Hi my name is Andrea and I have 4 children...ages 9, 7, 3 and 1. I've been on this weight loss journey for about 16 years....I've been though alot. The pregnancies didn't help with my weight either. Here I am at 29 weighing in at 199 and now worried that I may have diabetes and high cholesterol. I need some advice on how to cook healthier and get rid of fast food addictions....any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks and God Bless!!
  • mdimarco929
    Options
    Pick up The Eat Clean Diet book by Tosca Reno she also has a cookbook too! you will love it
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP. You will love it here. This is a great site. It is so supportive, helpful, and motivational. Everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Chrismarie59
    Options
    Ah to be 29 again! Good for you wanting to lose. I just Joined this week myself and just happened to stumble onto the site. My name is Chris I'm 49 and have been on a kabillion diets. I've lost 50 lbs on my own about 10 years ago and it would creep back up some and I'd lose it, but this time I gained 5 lbs more than my biggest, I hit 192 and I knew I had to do something. As far as cooking lighter there are a ton of low fat recipes on the internet. You'd be surprised how many things don't need all of the fat added to them. For instance, rice a roni, just use 1 tbl. margarine, Stove Top stuffing, use half the margarine, and just add a little more water, Cake mixes, I never add the oil, I just add extra water and never 3 eggs only 2 and it turns out great. I haven't had a chance to check this whole site out, I only looked at 1 recipe so far. There are some good choices at fast food, BUT, if you cannot go to a fast food restaurant and pass up the greasy stuff, just don't go. I like to pack a lunch if I know I'm gonna be in the car awhile (Healthy Life Bread is great by the way if you've never tried it). Just take this one day at a time. The weight didn't just appear overnight and you won't lose it overnight either. You CAN do this and with the age of kids you have and the weather FINALLY getting nice, get out in the yard and run around with them. (My kids are 29, 25 and 22). I turn 50 this November and am going to FINALLY stop goofing around and get back in shape for good....... I hope some of this stuff helps.
  • Justmel
    Justmel Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome!

mdimarco929 is absolutely right! The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno... Should be the health bible hehe

cheers
  • faithbug
    faithbug Posts: 5
    Options
    I am the mother of 2 children a 9 and 6 year old. I was an overweight child but lost the weight in my teenage years. Well, that lasted until I became pregnant with my first child in 1999. After I delivered I had gained about 27lbs. I didn't lose any weight before I had my second child and added an extra 38lbs to that. A grand total of 65lbs after everything was said and done. I have lost about 47lbs of that throught unhealthy ways so, I have about 18lbs left to be at my original weight which was 175. I would like to get to 160. I have about 33lbs to lose as of right now.
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    we all struggle along . positive thoughts are key!!! Good luck.
  • sweetdanni
    Options
    Hey!.. I started yesterday. Im 21 years old and joined because i want to improve my diet. :D
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Congratulations on your choice to better your life!

Eat well, and track your calories, weigh yourself weekly (although I admit--I weigh daily! :embarassed: ) and measure, measure, MEASURE your body parts!

If you like to read inspiring blogs, take a look at mine :wink: located here at MFP (the address is in my signature).

Friend me, if you like. :smile: I am always here to listen and support! :flowerforyou:

~Amy~
  • Andie0204
    Options
    WOW!! Thanks everyone for the great advice and support!!