Hi ... I'm new here

Options
I discovered this gem browsing through my android market looking for a calorie counter. A little about myself ... I was caretaker to my mom for about 3 years during her fight with breast cancer. She unfortunately passed away August 6, 2011 (52 years old) at home surrounded by her children. I can't believe she's gone ... nor can I believe I've been managing for 10 weeks now without her. I'm a little over the over-weight marker on the BMI and just want to be healthy, plus I have a little tummy I wouldn't mind getting rid of. I'm a vegetarian so if anyone has any tips for me please share.

Also noticed I am always going over the daily recommended sugar amounts. I eat a cup of grapes and that's it I've failed. I eat an apple and some oatmeal ... I've failed again. Is this sugar calculator more for soda and junk food or does it count for fruits and veggies also. If so ... I'm going to have to ignore it or I'll only be eating ... hmmm, what doesn't have some type of sugar in it? lol.

Replies

• victoria543
    victoria543 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there well come to MFP am sure you will find lots of new friends here its a really friendly site. Am sorry to hear about your mother and hope you and your family are doing ok xox
  • Betta21
    Options
    Well I'm sorry for your loss @Bassangelmls but I'm new here also. A little about myself...I am in my early 20s and had a child 3 years ago as of tomorrow. As soon as I gave birth two weeks later I weighed 149 lbs. and I was pretty used to eating whatever tasted good. Well since 2008 the weight started catching up with me. I was comforting myself with food when i wsa stressed out or upset. I've bought several beachbody programs, which are truly amazing but I'm having an extremely hard time working out past Day 1! The burn in my muscles and the restrictive diet is hard for me to get past. I don't eat terrible foods anymore and I've changed what I buy and the way I cook things but I feel I need a little more help with my diet. Also I need to be held accountable so that I can fully commit. I'd like to lose 45 pounds and get out of the overweight range. My goal is to be healthy and gain my confidence back about my appearance but most importantly be able to be a more active mother to my child. Best wishes to everyone and their weight loss journey :)
  • Bassangelmls
    Options
    @Victoria543 - Thanks ... we are making it, but its still sad. She did a good job raising us.
    @Betta21 - Thanks for the sympathies. I'm also a fan of the BeachBody workouts. I'm fine for one week ... then the weekend hits with band rehearsal and hanging out with friends and come Monday I've lost momentum. I joined a volleyball league this year ... so I'm hoping that's what I need to jump start me back into work-out mode. I love playing sports like tennis and volleyball, but workouts eh, not so much. Maybe we can be BeachBody partners ... lol. Wishing you the best on your weight loss goals.