Down 148 lbs since Oct 1 2010 without weightloss surgery

Options
Oct 1, 2010 was one of the worse but the best days of my life. I gave birth to my son at 450 lbs. During this year I decided to make changes that included a healthy eat, and exercise. It has been a very hard year because I ended up getting 3 hernia from the csection and from the exercise. I just had surgery on them a week ago to have them repaired and ready to start my next step in my journey. I have another 150 lbs more to lose. I want to post pictures on here but don't know how. Can someone tell me how to do it.

Replies

• Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Upload them to a place like photobucket or dropshots. Then get the link for each one (right click the image if necessary), and enclose the link for the image in [ img] and [ /img], with no spaces.

Sounds like you've done a great job, in spite of the troubles!
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    great job!!! very inspiring!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! And you are doing it the RIGHT way. I have family members who had the weight loss bariatric surgery because exercise and eating was "too much." To me, that's a cop out unless you truly have issues where you can't exercise. But without moving, your muscles stay weak and the skin just hangs. I say kudos to you - - I hope your health issues subside enough that you are able to continue on your journey. I give you high 5's for what you've obtained so far. GREAT WORK!!!
  • onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! GOOD FOR YOU!!!
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Good job! Love to see pics!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your baby (1 year now i suppose!) and on your weight loss :D
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! you are doing wonderful
  • mamasyd
    mamasyd Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job, Jennifer!!!! I, too, have had a major weight loss without any kind of surgery or gimmicks. I've just changed my eating habits to a healthy lifestyle.

One thing that has helped me was to take my weight loss journey in small steps. I have set interval goals that relate to times in my life rather than focusing so much on the numbers. For example, as I was coming down there were certain outfits that I wanted to get back into, then there were hallmarks such as getting back to the weight I was when I delivered each of my children, and then to my wedding weight, etc. I'm now down to wearing a smaller size than I did in the 7th grade!! And I have two more goals - to weigh less than I have ever weighed as an adult and to have a BMI that reads 'normal'.

Keep up the good work!! You can do this!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Here is all you need to know about posting pictures:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262875-need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-pic-heavy
  • DafphineSpencer
    Options
    Speaking for all those who have had bariatric surgery, it is in no way a COP OUT or easy. Life is in no way wonderful because of the surgery nor is the weight loss easy. We spend days unable to eat no matter how bad we want to. We can spew food in social situations. Are you aware that it is possible to gain weight after bariatric surgery if you do not follow the program. Exercise is still a must or the weight will come off very slowly or you will gain. People should really get educated about this process before they spout untruths about it. Spend a few days with someone who has had surgery and see the changes in life they have sacrificed to make and you will learn alot. You will quickly find that it is like anything else, their surgery is a tool and unless used correctly, it fails.
  • bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS.......SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SURGERY'S BUT YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY IN DEED......I HAVE OVER A HUNDRED MORE POUNDS TO GO AS WELL, BUT WITH THE GRACE OF GOD AN GOOD FRIENDS ON THIS SITE IT CAN BE DONE....................GOOD LUCK TO YA ON YOUR FUTURE JOURNEY AS I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT.

GOD BLESS!!!!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be really proud of yourself. That is wonderful. Keep up the awesome work :happy:
  • busterrocks
    busterrocks Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!!! Truly amazing and inspiring. :happy:
  • Jenniferrosesmyth
    Jenniferrosesmyth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies. I am totally not against WLS surgery because one of my dear friends is getting it, and I am so proud of her. I just know it isn't for me. I think it has to be a last resort. I am not finished using my motivation to get me to where I need to be. I will post the pictures in a little bit. I am going to watch the sun rise over the ocean.
  • achtracy
    achtracy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! You should be VERY proud of yourself!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'M SO HAPPY TO READ THIS!!! CONGRATS!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    dixie chic, I know 4 sisters who have spent a life time dieting and in their 40s, after decades of trying, they elected to do surgeries.........3 sisters did surgery, the 4th decided not to..

the oldest suceeded in keeping it off after the surgery, the other 2 gained it back and then some

the 40 year old sister, the one who chose not to have surgery had her first heart attack at 40 years old ,and refuses to do much about her weight or any type of surgery..........

they arent lazy and looking for cop outs.........the younger one had tons of complications because of hers , and shes right back where she was.It was very difficult fot them, and fortunately, the oldest is still a sucess

I use my gym as a tool, I use this site as a tool. Think of by pass surgery as a tool for people to take it off. I was lucky I didnt require the surgery, but for those who did , I have nothing but respect. They did it to save their life. They did what ever they could to save themselves........You may want to rethink your reply, I only try to support people here, not insult them for doing whatever they can to save thier lives for themselves and their families...............Best wishes, Lloyd
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My daughter's birth at the end of September 2005 was similar for me. Feel free to friend me, you're not alone!
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    Bravo!
  • GREAT job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!