anyone else having problems

Options
NWCountryGal
NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
entering recipes and choosing to save them in database, and you go back to see if they are in the database and they're not?? I've done it twice today and I am getting frustrated:noway:

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    Options
    entering recipes and choosing to save them in database, and you go back to see if they are in the database and they're not?? I've done it twice today and I am getting frustrated:noway:
  • bevjack1
    bevjack1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yeah I haven't figured it out either. But it does show the individual items (from the meal) in my Foods
    section (without looking them up) so I just use that.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    yeah I haven't figured it out either. But it does show the individual items (from the meal) in my Foods

I don't see mine showing up in there either but I'll go back and make sure. I go over to Calorie Counter, figure out the recipe, then have to enter all that in here. It's a hassle but worth it, when it saves in the database that is, LOL!!! Thank you for your reply, like I said, I'll go check that out:)

denise:)
  • NWCountryGal
    Options

I don't see mine showing up in there either but I'll go back and make sure. I go over to Calorie Counter, figure out the recipe, then have to enter all that in here. It's a hassle but worth it, when it saves in the database that is, LOL!!! Thank you for your reply, like I said, I'll go check that out:)

denise:)

Nope, mine are not showing in My Meals, or in what's the other, My Foods? Neither place. They showed up in my food diary with the calorie info but I can't edit it and I can't share it with edie(nwfamilygal) or anyone else for that matter:(
  • mamiof3
    mamiof3 Posts: 39
    Options
    it's so frustrating! mine don't show up either and I'm really getting annoyed. I figure out the calories in Spark People than transfer all the info over. I may just use the Spark People site for everything!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,044 Member
    Options
    So are you doing this? :

Enter the food into your Food Diary (individually enter each ingredient)
    On the Food Diary, click - Remember Meal
    **new page opens** Now "NAME this meal" - in the box, give it a name. (such as "Blue Moon Pie")
    Click green "Save Meal" button.

Then go back to your Food Diary
    Click "Add Food" in the meal you want to add it.
    When the page opens, type in Blue Moon Pie.
    It will pop up
    Click on it as you would any other food.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Hmmm, well, sounds like it's not working for atleast a few of us?? Maybe we'll get some further feedback here soon:)

denise
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    So are you doing this? :

**new page opens** Now "NAME this meal" - in the box, give it a name. (such as "Blue Moon Pie")

It will pop up

No, I do the recipe on caloriecounter because it gives you a complete "meal" nutrition fact. It seemed easier than the way you describe but maybe not. I will go try and see how it goes. Thank you for your input:) denise
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    So are you doing this? :

It will pop up

but also I don't think I can share it that way either??? I'll check it out:)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    So are you doing this? :

It will pop up

You can't. Your meal is your meal and isn't sharable unless you enter it into the shared database and name it. I don't know what you mean by "caloriecounter" - is that some other website?

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

Although I'm upset with you, CM...here's the website they talked about:tongue:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    So are you doing this? :

It will pop up

You can't. Your meal is your meal and isn't sharable unless you enter it into the shared database and name it. I don't know what you mean by "caloriecounter" - is that some other website?

When you enter in your nutrition facts for a new food you should be able to save it. I have entered in two new foods today with all the nutrition facts and they have not saved. It appears you can enter in for one item(the nutrition facts)but not several together. It isn't saving in the database. Calorie counter site has an excellent, recipe feature. You simply put in your recipe and it pops out your nutrition facts for the whole meal. Then you can copy the nutrition facts into your mfp diary(add a food). This is great, but, it isn't saving it.

denise
  • cmriverside
    Options
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

Although I'm upset with you, CM...here's the website they talked about:tongue:

Oh, dear lord in heaven. I don't need any more of those....I'm sure that's in my list already - I have three pages of links to other sites.

I don't have a need to share foods, though, so I can see why it's helpful for some people. I still think you could just enter them all, see what the nutrtion is, then "make up" a food and enter it into the shared database with some made up name.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if we could add meals to the menu by meal instead of just looking a the meals and adding all the individual foods.
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    Sometimes I'm not sure to trust it or not. If the label isn't available,
    I use Diet facts, Calories Count, or http://www.calorieking.com/
    Calorie King. Diet facts is awfully good too.
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Hey yall!! My recipes both showed up in the database so YES, it does work. Just a delayed reaction I guess:)

Edie(nwfamilygal)spotted one of mine today so I went in and looked for the other and there it was. It works!!!!

I do my recipes here, then I go into "add new food" in data base, and plug in the nutritional info for whole recipe(that I got at CC). Anyone wants help, write me a pm and I'll give you details;):drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Mike was dong maintenance on the site the other day and did a bad thing, now all is right with the world again. :happy: