So tired........

Options
Hello everyone! I am kinda new here. I have posted a few times but wanted to introduce myself! :) My name is Christina. I'm married and have 3 children. I am also in the short range....... 5'2 LOL. I weight 150. I have been so tired a lot lately! I have been told that my hemoglobin is a little low. My question is, is there any vitamins or anything that will give me more energy? Something completely safe! I want more energy so that I can do the things that I need to do.

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid or iron checked? Those both make you feel very tired when low.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Hang on a minute... my medical degree is still downloading.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    You need more iron. Do you take a multivitamin with iron? Do you eat red meat? With 3 kids, who wouldn't be a bit tired. How's your thyroid hormone level? My friend had hypothyroidism for a year before he checked with the doctor.
    Welcome to the group!
  • chris1529
    chris1529 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I had my thyroid checked about 7-8 years ago and it was fine then. Maybe I should get it checked again! I don't really take any vitamins. I was going to start taking L-Carnitine and CoQ10.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

:laugh:

Well,come back when it's done.....I've got a TON of questions for you!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am kinda new here. I have posted a few times but wanted to introduce myself! :) My name is Christina. I'm married and have 3 children. I am also in the short range....... 5'2 LOL. I weight 150. I have been so tired a lot lately! I have been told that my hemoglobin is a little low. My question is, is there any vitamins or anything that will give me more energy? Something completely safe! I want more energy so that I can do the things that I need to do.

This was me not too long ago. Since I'm eating better, drinking water, sleeping a minimum of 8 hours a night and exercising I feel so much better!
  • MissObstinatiox
    MissObstinatiox Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I also have the same problem i use spatone mineral water sachets which contain the same amount of iron in supplements but without the side affects that you sometimes get like sickness and dodgy stomachs :0)
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    Try a prenatal vitamin and ferrous sulfate (iron) you'll start feeling better in a few days! That's what they had me do and so far so good!
  • chris1529
    Options

Your a trip......... LOL :)
  • cc8088
    cc8088 Posts: 41
    Options
    I was having major energy problems. I wasn't eating well and was not taking any vitamins. I would get up and go to work and by 3:30 when I got home all I could do was lay in bed. All I ever wanted to do was sleep. Here is what I did. I hope it help you.

vitamins I take
    super B complex - 1 a day (specifically for enery/metabolism)
    multivitamin - 1 a day ( I personally take flintstones because it helps with hair loss)
    fish oil (omega 3) - 1 a day
    Calcium plus D - 1 or 2 a day

By the way I am 32. I really hope this helps!
  • chris1529
    Options
    Try a prenatal vitamin and ferrous sulfate (iron) you'll start feeling better in a few days! That's what they had me do and so far so good!

That's a great idea! I think that I actually have some prenatals left from when I was pregnant with my baby! :)
  • chris1529
    Options
    I was having major energy problems. I wasn't eating well and was not taking any vitamins. I would get up and go to work and by 3:30 when I got home all I could do was lay in bed. All I ever wanted to do was sleep. Here is what I did. I hope it help you.

vitamins I take
    multivitamin - 1 a day ( I personally take flintstones because it helps with hair loss)

I'm 33. :) Flinstones vitamins help with hair loss?! That immediately caught my attention when I read that because my hair is thinning! Do you have thinning hair?
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options

vitamins I take

I'm 33. :) Flinstones vitamins help with hair loss?! That immediately caught my attention when I read that because my hair is thinning! Do you have thinning hair?

Sounds like you should have your thyroid checked.

And why do FLINSTONES vitamins help with hair loss. What does it have that other vitamins don't have???
  • cc8088
    Options
    I actually lose a handful of hair everyday and it was getting very old. I asked my doc about it and she recommended flintstones. I thought she was crazy but I gave it a try and after about 3 weeks I noticed the hair loss was drastically reduced.
  • chris1529
    Options
    I actually lose a handful of hair everyday and it was getting very old. I asked my doc about it and she recommended flintstones. I thought she was crazy but I gave it a try and after about 3 weeks I noticed the hair loss was drastically reduced.

Wow! That's awesome! Any specific formula? Or is it just regular multi Flintstones vitamins? How many do you take (with them being kids vitamins and all)?
  • cc8088
    Options
    I take flintstones complete and only 1 a day. I'm pretty sure that's what the bottle says to do. I do know that ironically overdosing on them will cause hair loss.
  • chris1529
    Options
  • chris1529
    Options
    BTW, do you take any other vitamins with it? Just wondering if it's safe to take other vitamins/minerals with it........ like another multi or biotin?
  • cc8088
    Options
    I do not take another muti with it. But i do take a calcium plus D, super B complex and a fish oil (Omega 3). I hate to swallow pills so I split them up. Take half in the morning and half at night.
  • chris1529
    Options
    Thank you! :) I am definitely going to try that! :)