Anyone else...!?!?!

Options
okay so ive been feeling horrible because for about the past 3 weeks i have NOT been stickin to my cals and ive been eating out as well and i thought for sure ive gained my weight back i step on the scale and it shows ive lost actually like another pound and half.....and im also getting over my menstural cycle...is this possible? or is my scale wrong my husband and kids weighed themselfs and they are basically the same weight as before....

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I think the scale is a false message of motivation. Either you step on it and the lower number tells you, "Go on and eat!" or it's a higher number and you think, "I need to starve myself." A better indicator is simply listening to your body. If you have been feeling horrible for the past 3 weeks then I'd say that that feeling should override whatever number the scale is displaying. Eat healthy and exercise for you, not for some arbitrary number.
  • Nichole90
    Nichole90 Posts: 118
    Options
    I think the scale is a false message of motivation. Either you step on it and the lower number tells you, "Go on and eat!" or it's a higher number and you think, "I need to starve myself." A better indicator is simply listening to your body. If you have been feeling horrible for the past 3 weeks then I'd say that that feeling should override whatever number the scale is displaying. Eat healthy and exercise for you, not for some arbitrary number.

so does this mean u think the scale is not working correctly
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options

so does this mean u think the scale is not working correctly

I have no idea how to gauge that. If you want to see if it's accurate get a 10lb weight and plop it on there. Regardless of its accuracy though, what I'm saying is that you indicated you have been feeling horrible for the past 3 weeks - so if anything, take what the scale says with a grain of salt, be happy that you didn't go so far off course, and then get back on course so that you can feel good again (and not horrible).
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Even though you haven't been sticking to you cal have you been working out?
  • Nichole90
    Options
    Even though you haven't been sticking to you cal have you been working out?

lol no... i weight my 18month and my 4yr old and their weight is accurate and so is my husbands.
  • queenmegan
    Options
    sometimes when you go over your calories after sticking to them for so long, this tricks your body, and actually speeds up your metabolism. So, it's very possible that you have lost.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Maybe you weren't eating enough before and the increase in calories gave you a boost? Maybe since you're getting over TOM, you're releasing some water weight? It's kind of hard to tell without seeing what exactly you've been eating for the last few weeks...

I would assume it's not your scale if your hubby and kids weighed the same.
  • Nichole90
    Options
    thanks kinda worried me because i thought for sure i would of gained and or stay the same but not lose so i was like why am i lossing weight even tho im eating pizza bread sticks pop cheeseburgers etc lol
  • taniam16
    taniam16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No matter the outcome so long as you make sure you stay on track from here on then you haven't lost out at all. Unfortunately being female has the added benefit of hormones playing a part in weight loss or gain through different times of your cycle but I have found before that I'll work out like crazy and eat right and see no result and then have what I would consider a bad day and lose weight. It's true that scales are a bad indication because you should be able to feel whether you're gaining or losing weight. But none the less make sure you're weighing yourself at the same time in the same clothes (preferably after going to the bathroom) to ensure you're at your most consistent. And don't let a week or two discourage you, slip ups occur all the time but if you use them as motivation to get back on track you'll do well and lose more!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    lots of times when i think i'm eating a LOT, i'm still under my maintenance calories. could it be that?
  • Laineegrrl
    Laineegrrl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    don't overthink it. be happy! and get back on you cal count. ;)
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    lol it happened to me few times.. when i am fed up and eat whatever i want for like 2 or 3 days and go back on the scales, it always
    show a lower weight, but it eventually creep up again if i don't stop there....
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    sometimes when you go over your calories after sticking to them for so long, this tricks your body, and actually speeds up your metabolism. So, it's very possible that you have lost.

I agree with this. Now you need to be careful because it will speed it up, but that doesn't last. If you continue, it will slow down and then you will put weight back on. I agree with the other gal that responded, if you feel bad about it, stop doing it. Whatever the scale says, it doesn't compare to how you feel. Start fresh today, and make decisions that make you feel good and will help you on with your journey. Keep focused on your goals. The time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well make the best of it.
  • only1kjewell
    only1kjewell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you were working out before and have stopped it could be muscle weight you lost. So get back on track before it too late!:wink:
  • cnkan0119
    cnkan0119 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    lol it happened to me few times.. when i am fed up and eat whatever i want for like 2 or 3 days and go back on the scales, it always
    show a lower weight, but it eventually creep up again if i don't stop there....

I was going to say the same thing. Don't let the scale fool you at all. Get yourself back on track before you see the scale actually going up.
    Sometimes when I think I'm eating "bad" it's not as bad as before I started MFP. I may have had pizza for dinner but what I ate the rest of the day may have put me over my calories by little, putting me more into maintenance than losing. Don't feel bad about how you ate yesterday, just get yourself back on track. Remember why you started this journey in the first place and if you aren't at goal do what you gotta do to get back on track to getting you there. Tell those cheeseburgers you enjoyed their company but the affair is over!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!